Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.

Error Importing Certain Comics only

  • ypatel94
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
10 years 5 months ago #2268 by ypatel94
Error Importing Certain Comics only was created by ypatel94
I saw a few other threads with this topic but they are quite old and the application has gone through some iterations since then. My issue is I'm getting errors when trying to wirelessly view or import only certain files. All other files work fine. The problematic files also work fine if manually imported.

I'm using the Mac desktop client if that is any use as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #2275 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Error Importing Certain Comics only
Could you send me some of those file? I would like to see what is going on with them.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • ypatel94
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
10 years 5 months ago #2278 by ypatel94
Replied by ypatel94 on topic Error Importing Certain Comics only
Sure, how do you want me to do that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • ypatel94
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
10 years 5 months ago #2279 by ypatel94
Replied by ypatel94 on topic Error Importing Certain Comics only
Actually I figured out whats causing the issue. The files that weren't syncing were in folders I had named with a colon. When you look at the library directory, the folder is listed at Folder/ instead of Folder:, where the colon is swapped out for the back slash in the system folders but a colon shows up in the app. I'm pretty sure this is what is causing the discrepancy since when I deleted the / from the folders and updated the library everything worked fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #2305 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Error Importing Certain Comics only
Thank you very much for the info.

It seems that there are some characters causing issues, I have to fix that ASAP.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!