- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
Help and support for Linux users.
Solus Os?
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
8 years 4 months ago #3896
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Solus Os?
Ok, I think I see the problem now. In fact it's two problems. The first problem is that unarr isn't detected. The second problem is that the detection fails silently, i.e. the build system doesn't show you this failure.
The silent failure is already fixed in git, so as a first step to solve this you can simply get the source from git:
If detection still fails using that snapshot we will take a closer look on how you installed the unarr library on your system.
The silent failure is already fixed in git, so as a first step to solve this you can simply get the source from git:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/yacreader/yacreader
If detection still fails using that snapshot we will take a closer look on how you installed the unarr library on your system.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- buddy_spencer
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 4 months ago #3897
by buddy_spencer
Replied by buddy_spencer on topic Solus Os?
Thank you. I cloned the repo on my machine and tried to build it but failed on make.
I think it is exactly the point where you saw the problem.
I think it is exactly the point where you saw the problem.
Code:
cd YACReader/ && ( test -e Makefile || /usr/bin/qmake -o Makefile /home/buddy/GIT/yacreader/YACReader/YACReader.pro ) && make -f Makefile
Project MESSAGE: Using system provided installation of poppler-qt5 found by pkg-config.
Project ERROR: Missing dependency: unarr decrompression backend. Please install libunarr on your system or provide a copy of the unarr source code in compressed_archive/unarr/unarr-master
make: *** [Makefile:46: sub-YACReader-make_first] Fehler 3
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 4 months ago #3898
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Solus Os?
Yes. You have two choices now - either build a package for libunarr so it's installed at build time or go for an embedded build. If you just want to test if you can compile the app at all an embedded build should be fine.
or
Code:
cd /home/buddy/GIT/yacreader/compressed_archive/unarr
mkdir unarr-master
git clone https://github.com/selmf/unarr unarr-master
or
Code:
cd /home/buddy/GIT/yacreader/compressed_archive/unarr
ln -s /path/to/unarr/source/directory unarr-master
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- buddy_spencer
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 4 months ago #3899
by buddy_spencer
Replied by buddy_spencer on topic Solus Os?
Thank you for your help. I gave up on compiling it. I was missing some qt-packages and I couldn't find them in Solus.
But thank you for your help, it really helped a lot.
But thank you for your help, it really helped a lot.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 4 months ago #3900
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Solus Os?
Actually the qt modules YACReader needs aren't anything special. They should be standard in most if not all distributions, but the way they are packaged probably isn't. I'm pretty sure you're quite close to getting this working.
Afaik Solus has a packaging support forum. I'm pretty sure that the Solus community can help you with the remaining problems if you create a post there.
Here's the link: solus-project.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=7
Afaik Solus has a packaging support forum. I'm pretty sure that the Solus community can help you with the remaining problems if you create a post there.
Here's the link: solus-project.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=7
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- buddy_spencer
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 4 months ago #3902
by buddy_spencer
Replied by buddy_spencer on topic Solus Os?
Hi there,
I was finally able to compile and install it on Solus OS
From what I see so far, the only thing not working right now, are the different comic views.
At switching I just get a white screen where the comics are supposed to be.
QT version is 5.10
I was finally able to compile and install it on Solus OS
From what I see so far, the only thing not working right now, are the different comic views.
At switching I just get a white screen where the comics are supposed to be.
QT version is 5.10
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 4 months ago #3903
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Solus Os?
Congratulations! For the comic views you need to install some more packages which are not part of the build process. Usually installing qt5-declarative and qt5-qtquick2 does the trick.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- buddy_spencer
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 4 months ago #3904
by buddy_spencer
Replied by buddy_spencer on topic Solus Os?
qt5-declarative is already installed, qt5-qtquick2 I have to find first.
As soon as I get that working, I will try to create a package for solus.
As soon as I get that working, I will try to create a package for solus.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 4 months ago #3905
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Solus Os?
I think the package is called qt5-quickcontrols2 on Solus. If that doesn't do the trick, try installing qt5-graphicaleffects too.
Other optional stuff you might want to install includes qt5-multimedia (adds support for extra image formats) and qrencode (adds support for qr images in YACReaderLibrary's server module).
Other optional stuff you might want to install includes qt5-multimedia (adds support for extra image formats) and qrencode (adds support for qr images in YACReaderLibrary's server module).
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- buddy_spencer
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 4 months ago #3906
by buddy_spencer
Replied by buddy_spencer on topic Solus Os?
I already installed those.
I installed qt5-quickcontrols just now and it works perfectly.
Now I can try to package it.
I installed qt5-quickcontrols just now and it works perfectly.
Now I can try to package it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel