- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Linux users.
YACReaderLibraryServer "double free" error
- le__el
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
8 years 4 months ago #3942
by le__el
YACReaderLibraryServer "double free" error was created by le__el
Hi, just got the iPad version this weekend and wanted to use my local headless server to store the comics, and then "stream" those to the tablet.
The first test I made in a Virtualbox machine. I followed the raspi guide and everything was ok.
But after I installed on my local server I found a issue that was not present on the Virtualbox.
Everything works, but when I get to the last page of a chapter and touch twice to open the next chapter, the YACReaderLibraryServer always crash. Sample:
As a workaround, I started using the bash:
So when crash it will automatically rerun (almost) immediately.
This is working and most of the times the iPad app is able to automatically load the next chapter, but sometimes the rerun is little slow and the iPad app returns a 404 error and I am sent back to the chapter list (so I have to refresh the page and select the first unread chapter manually).
When trying on the Virtualbox (Windows 10 Host / Ubuntu Server 18.04 Guest), this whole issue didn't happen.
My setup
Tablet:
iPad 3 (iOS 9.3.5)
YACReader for iPad version 2.5.5
Local Server:
Ubuntu Server 18.04 64 bit (Headless server)
Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D525 @ 1.80GHz / 4GB RAM
YACReaderLibraryServer --version didn't return anything, but the code was just cloned/compiled from bitbucket from the tutorial.
Any tips to investigate this, enable additional logs, etc?
The server_log.log file is empty.
Thanks!
The first test I made in a Virtualbox machine. I followed the raspi guide and everything was ok.
But after I installed on my local server I found a issue that was not present on the Virtualbox.
Everything works, but when I get to the last page of a chapter and touch twice to open the next chapter, the YACReaderLibraryServer always crash. Sample:
Code:
INFO 2018-05-28T23:10:32.427 YACReaderLibraryServer attempting to start
INFO 2018-05-28T23:10:32.428 ---------- System & configuration ----------
INFO 2018-05-28T23:10:32.428 SO : Linux (unknown version)
INFO 2018-05-28T23:10:32.428 7z : found
INFO 2018-05-28T23:10:32.541 Libraries: QMap()
INFO 2018-05-28T23:10:32.541 --------------------------------------------
INFO 2018-05-28T23:10:32.542 YACReaderLibrary starting
double free or corruption (out)
Aborted (core dumped)
As a workaround, I started using the bash:
Code:
while true; do YACReaderLibraryServer start; done
This is working and most of the times the iPad app is able to automatically load the next chapter, but sometimes the rerun is little slow and the iPad app returns a 404 error and I am sent back to the chapter list (so I have to refresh the page and select the first unread chapter manually).
When trying on the Virtualbox (Windows 10 Host / Ubuntu Server 18.04 Guest), this whole issue didn't happen.
My setup
Tablet:
iPad 3 (iOS 9.3.5)
YACReader for iPad version 2.5.5
Local Server:
Ubuntu Server 18.04 64 bit (Headless server)
Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D525 @ 1.80GHz / 4GB RAM
YACReaderLibraryServer --version didn't return anything, but the code was just cloned/compiled from bitbucket from the tutorial.
Any tips to investigate this, enable additional logs, etc?
The server_log.log file is empty.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 4 months ago #3943
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic YACReaderLibraryServer "double free" error
Hi le_el,
thanks for taking the time to report this, this definitely shouldn't happen. The first thing that strikes me is the log output you posted. I'd expect a list of libraries to be there, but I only see an empty QMap().
To investigate this you should first switch to the latest development version of the headless server. You can get it by cloning from our new github repo:
Build YACReaderLibraryServer with debug info enabled:
That will allow you to load the server into gdb for debugging.
Once gdb has loaded type "r" and hit enter to run it. Try to provoke the crash. Once the crash happens, go to gdb and enter "bt" for backtrace. Copy the backtrace and post it here so we can see what happened before the crash.
thanks for taking the time to report this, this definitely shouldn't happen. The first thing that strikes me is the log output you posted. I'd expect a list of libraries to be there, but I only see an empty QMap().
To investigate this you should first switch to the latest development version of the headless server. You can get it by cloning from our new github repo:
Code:
git clone https://www.github.com/yacreader/yacreader --branch develop
Build YACReaderLibraryServer with debug info enabled:
Code:
qmake CONFIG+=debug
That will allow you to load the server into gdb for debugging.
Code:
gdb --args YACReaderLibraryServer start
Once gdb has loaded type "r" and hit enter to run it. Try to provoke the crash. Once the crash happens, go to gdb and enter "bt" for backtrace. Copy the backtrace and post it here so we can see what happened before the crash.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 4 months ago #3944
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReaderLibraryServer "double free" error
You should build the server from the 9.0.0 source tarball, develop contains a lot of changes in the server and the v1 api hasn't been tested.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 4 months ago #3946
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic YACReaderLibraryServer "double free" error
The 9.0.0 source tarball won't build on Ubuntu without the latest fixes from the master branch.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- le__el
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #3947
by le__el
Oops, my bad, when I deleted the duplicated content from the log, I accidentally mixed the log from before adding the library with the error from after. This is the whole log:
In a couple hours I will try to get the gbd logs.
Thanks!
Replied by le__el on topic YACReaderLibraryServer "double free" error
selmf wrote: thanks for taking the time to report this, this definitely shouldn't happen. The first thing that strikes me is the log output you posted. I'd expect a list of libraries to be there, but I only see an empty QMap().
Oops, my bad, when I deleted the duplicated content from the log, I accidentally mixed the log from before adding the library with the error from after. This is the whole log:
Code:
130 servidor@servidor:~$ while true; do YACReaderLibraryServer start; done
Logging to /home/servidor/.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary/server_log.log
INFO 2018-05-28T23:42:57.745 YACReaderLibraryServer attempting to start
INFO 2018-05-28T23:42:57.770 ---------- System & configuration ----------
INFO 2018-05-28T23:42:57.770 SO : Linux (unknown version)
INFO 2018-05-28T23:42:57.771 7z : found
INFO 2018-05-28T23:42:57.771 Libraries: QMap(("teste", QPair(1,"/arquivos/manga/teste")))
INFO 2018-05-28T23:42:57.771 --------------------------------------------
INFO 2018-05-28T23:42:57.772 YACReaderLibrary starting
double free or corruption (out)
Aborted (core dumped)
Logging to /home/servidor/.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary/server_log.log
INFO 2018-05-28T23:49:33.343 YACReaderLibraryServer attempting to start
INFO 2018-05-28T23:49:33.344 ---------- System & configuration ----------
INFO 2018-05-28T23:49:33.344 SO : Linux (unknown version)
INFO 2018-05-28T23:49:33.344 7z : found
INFO 2018-05-28T23:49:33.344 Libraries: QMap(("teste", QPair(1,"/arquivos/manga/teste")))
INFO 2018-05-28T23:49:33.345 --------------------------------------------
INFO 2018-05-28T23:49:33.345 YACReaderLibrary starting
double free or corruption (out)
Aborted (core dumped)
Logging to /home/servidor/.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary/server_log.log
INFO 2018-05-28T23:49:43.180 YACReaderLibraryServer attempting to start
INFO 2018-05-28T23:49:43.180 ---------- System & configuration ----------
INFO 2018-05-28T23:49:43.180 SO : Linux (unknown version)
INFO 2018-05-28T23:49:43.180 7z : found
INFO 2018-05-28T23:49:43.181 Libraries: QMap(("teste", QPair(1,"/arquivos/manga/teste")))
INFO 2018-05-28T23:49:43.181 --------------------------------------------
INFO 2018-05-28T23:49:43.182 YACReaderLibrary starting
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
In a couple hours I will try to get the gbd logs.
Thanks!
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- le__el
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #3948
by le__el
Replied by le__el on topic YACReaderLibraryServer "double free" error
Just finished compiling and the problem don't happen in the github version.
Also, this time it recognizes which os is running:
Should I compile with the debug the bitbucket code to get the error, or since it's working with github it's all good?
Really thanks!
--- edit:
And this is the log from the first tested library (stored in my customized /arquivos/...), instead of the ~/ dir (which I created to test if that was the issue, but also crashed with the previous).
Also, this time it recognizes which os is running:
Code:
servidor@servidor:/arquivos/manga/dev/yacreader_dev/yacreader/YACReaderLibraryServer$ ./YACReaderLibraryServer start
Logging to /home/servidor/.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary/server_log.log
INFO 2018-05-29T11:31:59.705 YACReaderLibraryServer attempting to start
INFO 2018-05-29T11:31:59.706 ---------- System & configuration ----------
INFO 2018-05-29T11:31:59.706 OS: "Ubuntu 18.04 LTS" Version: "18.04"
INFO 2018-05-29T11:31:59.706 Kernel: "linux" "4.15.0-22-generic" Architecture: "x86_64"
INFO 2018-05-29T11:31:59.707 Libraries: QMap(("test", QPair(1,"/home/servidor/yacreader/test")))
INFO 2018-05-29T11:31:59.707 --------------------------------------------
INFO 2018-05-29T11:31:59.708 YACReaderLibrary starting
Should I compile with the debug the bitbucket code to get the error, or since it's working with github it's all good?
Really thanks!
--- edit:
And this is the log from the first tested library (stored in my customized /arquivos/...), instead of the ~/ dir (which I created to test if that was the issue, but also crashed with the previous).
Code:
servidor@servidor:/arquivos/manga/dev/yacreader_dev/yacreader/YACReaderLibraryServer$ ./YACReaderLibraryServer start
Logging to /home/servidor/.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary/server_log.log
INFO 2018-05-29T11:37:15.554 YACReaderLibraryServer attempting to start
INFO 2018-05-29T11:37:15.555 ---------- System & configuration ----------
INFO 2018-05-29T11:37:15.555 OS: "Ubuntu 18.04 LTS" Version: "18.04"
INFO 2018-05-29T11:37:15.555 Kernel: "linux" "4.15.0-22-generic" Architecture: "x86_64"
INFO 2018-05-29T11:37:15.556 Libraries: QMap(("teste", QPair(1,"/arquivos/manga/teste")))
INFO 2018-05-29T11:37:15.556 --------------------------------------------
INFO 2018-05-29T11:37:15.556 YACReaderLibrary starting
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by le__el.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 4 months ago #3949
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReaderLibraryServer "double free" error
If it works now, then great
The code in github contains the new version comming in a few days/weeks.
The repo in Bitbucket is not used anymore, and it won't be available after the release of 9.5.0
The repo in Bitbucket is not used anymore, and it won't be available after the release of 9.5.0
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: le__el
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 4 months ago #3950
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic YACReaderLibraryServer "double free" error
Thanks for testing this. If it works now that is fantastic. Just keep using it and report back if anything doesn't work as expected.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: le__el
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel