- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Linux users.
Issue installing yacreader on Ubuntu 18.04
- user85296
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
6 years 9 months ago #4962
by user85296
Issue installing yacreader on Ubuntu 18.04 was created by user85296
Hello community. I followed the Ubuntu installation instructions and everytime I execute the final line, it returns 'unable to locate package yacreader'. I really like using yacreader. Please advise.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
6 years 9 months ago #4963
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Issue installing yacreader on Ubuntu 18.04
The repo is not signed, so Ubuntu is blocking it. You can override this if you want to, see here for example:
superuser.com/questions/1331936/how-can-...n-attempting-to-upgr
Or you can wait till I update and sign the repository.
superuser.com/questions/1331936/how-can-...n-attempting-to-upgr
Or you can wait till I update and sign the repository.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- user85296
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 9 months ago #4964
by user85296
Replied by user85296 on topic Issue installing yacreader on Ubuntu 18.04
It worked! Thank you @selmf.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
6 years 9 months ago #4966
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Issue installing yacreader on Ubuntu 18.04
I finally took the time to update the repo. I also looked for the signing problem and it appears the repo *is* signed. Could you try the instructions here?
software.opensuse.org/download/package?p...project=home%3Aselmf
software.opensuse.org/download/package?p...project=home%3Aselmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel