Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Running Ubunutu 19.10 on Rasberry Pi

Running Ubunutu 19.10 on Rasberry Pi 4 years 2 weeks ago #5113

Deathglobe

Fresh Boarder

I am not very familiar with Linux. But from what I understand is there no working version of YacReader Server for arm64 devices other than the headless version? I was trying to do the easiest process of setting up the server. Ubuntu at its default state picks up my router smb drive where as rasbian that came installed on the pi required extra steps.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Running Ubunutu 19.10 on Rasberry Pi 4 years 2 weeks ago #5114

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

I have arm64 builds on OBS. Go to software.opensuse.org/download/package?p...project=home%3Aselmf, choose Debian (even if you run Ubuntu) and under Debian you will find Raspbian 9 and 10 packages. These come without the headless server though.

I've also added arm architectures to the Ubuntu 19.10 repo, so yo can try these (in about an hour if nothing goes wrong).
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deathglobe

Running Ubunutu 19.10 on Rasberry Pi 4 years 2 weeks ago #5115

Deathglobe

Fresh Boarder

I got it. I did what you said and used the Debian file and ran the command. It installed with no issues I appreciate it.

Edit: I left the server running and it seemed the pi froze over night. I rebooted it and now I can’t get the pages to sync. Is there a cached progress file I can delete ?
Last Edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Deathglobe.