- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for Linux users.
Unable to launch Headless server on Ubuntu 20.04
- CHC
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
6 years 4 months ago #5241
by CHC
Unable to launch Headless server on Ubuntu 20.04 was created by CHC
Hello,
As stated in tu subject, I've installed YACReader on my new 20.04 LTS Server.
Before going to launch it automatically a service, I wanted to test it, but each time I try to launch, I have a warning.
But it appears as running in ps -ax, then what is the meaning of the warning message ?
Anyway as I have no clue where to give the port I want it to run on, I am unable to connect from the iOS app to check if it's OK. I've tried with 8080 but no luck.
Do you know on which port it is listening ?
Regards.
CHC
As stated in tu subject, I've installed YACReader on my new 20.04 LTS Server.
Before going to launch it automatically a service, I wanted to test it, but each time I try to launch, I have a warning.
Code:
christophe@jdrien:~/.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary$ YACReaderLibraryServer start
INFO 2020-05-22T13:51:27.262 YACReaderLibraryServer attempting to start
INFO 2020-05-22T13:51:27.262 ---------- System & configuration ----------
INFO 2020-05-22T13:51:27.262 OS: "Ubuntu 20.04 LTS" Version: "20.04"
INFO 2020-05-22T13:51:27.263 Kernel: "linux" "5.4.0-31-generic" Architecture: "x86_64"
INFO 2020-05-22T13:51:27.263 Libraries: QMap(("BDs", QPair(1,"/home/christophe/OneDrive/Books/BDs")))
INFO 2020-05-22T13:51:27.263 --------------------------------------------
INFO 2020-05-22T13:51:27.263 YACReaderLibrary starting
WARN 2020-05-22T13:51:27.264 QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection '/home/christophe/OneDrive/Books/BDs/.yacreaderlibrary/library.ydb7fa27fa4de80' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.
^C
But it appears as running in ps -ax, then what is the meaning of the warning message ?
Code:
christophe@jdrien:~$ ps -ax | grep YAC
545289 pts/0 S+ 0:00 YACReaderLibraryServer start
545291 pts/1 S+ 0:00 grep --color=auto YAC
Anyway as I have no clue where to give the port I want it to run on, I am unable to connect from the iOS app to check if it's OK. I've tried with 8080 but no luck.
Do you know on which port it is listening ?
Regards.
CHC
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
6 years 4 months ago #5242
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Unable to launch Headless server on Ubuntu 20.04
The warning is caused by Luis doing something not quite right with his database code, but I gave up nagging about it years ago. You can ignore it or you can nag Luis about it 
For finding the port, you can use one of these options to check for listening ports:
www.cyberciti.biz/faq/unix-linux-check-i...t-is-in-use-command/
For finding the port, you can use one of these options to check for listening ports:
www.cyberciti.biz/faq/unix-linux-check-i...t-is-in-use-command/
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CHC
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- CHC
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 1
6 years 4 months ago #5243
by CHC
Replied by CHC on topic Unable to launch Headless server on Ubuntu 20.04
Thanks for the explanation on the warning message 
For the port I did the netstat -tunlpv command and found the port number, now I am able to browse the Libray.
Many thanks.
A last quaestion anyway, after having rebooted my server, the ports changed.
Do you know how to fix it or do I have to recheck for the port number on each reboot (rare I hope) ?
Why not to put it in the config file where are stored the Libraries information ?
Regards,
CHC
For the port I did the netstat -tunlpv command and found the port number, now I am able to browse the Libray.
Many thanks.
A last quaestion anyway, after having rebooted my server, the ports changed.
Do you know how to fix it or do I have to recheck for the port number on each reboot (rare I hope) ?
Why not to put it in the config file where are stored the Libraries information ?
Regards,
CHC
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
6 years 4 months ago #5244
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Unable to launch Headless server on Ubuntu 20.04
My guess is that the server randomly chooses a port because the default one is taken or it doesn't find one in the config.
The config file should be in ~/.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary/YACReaderLibrary.ini
Search for a section called [listener] and add "port=9090" or whatever (no quotes), if it isn't present create it:
[listener]
port=9090
Note that this is based on my own system, not on a fresh install, so some details might be different for you …
The config file should be in ~/.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary/YACReaderLibrary.ini
Search for a section called [listener] and add "port=9090" or whatever (no quotes), if it isn't present create it:
[listener]
port=9090
Note that this is based on my own system, not on a fresh install, so some details might be different for you …
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CHC
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- CHC
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 1
6 years 4 months ago #5245
by CHC
Replied by CHC on topic Unable to launch Headless server on Ubuntu 20.04
Thanks for the solution
The section was tehre but not the item "port="
Added one with the right port number and everything went fine.
Have a nice weekend
CHC
The section was tehre but not the item "port="
Added one with the right port number and everything went fine.
Have a nice weekend
CHC
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel