- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Linux users.
database issue when starting headless server
- Atmospear
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #5406
by Atmospear
database issue when starting headless server was created by Atmospear
Hello,
I've managed to get my Raspberry Pi setup as a little Open Media Vault NAS which I currently store my comics on. After loving the IOS app, I've decided to use my NAS to also run the library server.
Unfortunately I have stumbled at the last hurdle as the server seems to fail in initialising an SQL database. The start command returns:
INFO 2020-09-10T22:06:32.908 YACReaderLibrary starting
INFO 2020-09-10T22:06:32.908 Running on port "36439"
WARN 2020-09-10T22:06:32.909 QSqlDatabase: QSQLITE driver not loaded
WARN 2020-09-10T22:06:32.909 QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
ERROR 2020-09-10T22:06:32.910 Unable to create local server
The IOS app is still able to connect to it, however does not show my comics.
I have included a log of my attempt. The server also seems to change the port every time I attempt for some reason.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
I've managed to get my Raspberry Pi setup as a little Open Media Vault NAS which I currently store my comics on. After loving the IOS app, I've decided to use my NAS to also run the library server.
Unfortunately I have stumbled at the last hurdle as the server seems to fail in initialising an SQL database. The start command returns:
INFO 2020-09-10T22:06:32.908 YACReaderLibrary starting
INFO 2020-09-10T22:06:32.908 Running on port "36439"
WARN 2020-09-10T22:06:32.909 QSqlDatabase: QSQLITE driver not loaded
WARN 2020-09-10T22:06:32.909 QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
ERROR 2020-09-10T22:06:32.910 Unable to create local server
The IOS app is still able to connect to it, however does not show my comics.
I have included a log of my attempt. The server also seems to change the port every time I attempt for some reason.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #5407
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic database issue when starting headless server
As the debug message says the QSQLITE database driver is not installed on your system. Try installing the "libqt5sql5-sqlite" package.
And regarding the port problem, the app uses a random port if the configured port is already taken. You can either specify a temp port by using the start command in combination with the --port option or set a port permanently by using the set-port command.
And regarding the port problem, the app uses a random port if the configured port is already taken. You can either specify a temp port by using the start command in combination with the --port option or set a port permanently by using the set-port command.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by selmf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atmospear
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Atmospear
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 3 weeks ago #5408
by Atmospear
Replied by Atmospear on topic database issue when starting headless server
Thanks for your help and the fast reply.
Those warnings have now gone and I can now access my comics, Thanks again sir.
I still get the following at the end though:
ERROR 2020-09-11T00:52:31.954 Unable to create local server
I am assuming this is because I only have the standalone server maybe? Cheers.
Those warnings have now gone and I can now access my comics, Thanks again sir.
I still get the following at the end though:
ERROR 2020-09-11T00:52:31.954 Unable to create local server
I am assuming this is because I only have the standalone server maybe? Cheers.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
6 years 3 weeks ago #5409
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic database issue when starting headless server
The "local server" is a local socket that is used to communicate between YACReaderLibrary and non-iOS YACReader on the same machine. It comes into play when you open a comic from the library app, so technically you wouldn't need it on the standalone or headless versions. Which is why you can access your comics just fine despite the error.
Now for that error. My guess is that the socket the local server tries to connect to is still in use from a crashed YACReaderLibraryServer, maybe because of the missing database driver before. So it is probably a bug.
Now for that error. My guess is that the socket the local server tries to connect to is still in use from a crashed YACReaderLibraryServer, maybe because of the missing database driver before. So it is probably a bug.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atmospear
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Atmospear
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 3 weeks ago #5410
by Atmospear
Replied by Atmospear on topic database issue when starting headless server
Ah that makes a lot more sense. Well as long as the server now works it's a bug I can live with haha.
Thanks again for your help.
Thanks again for your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel