- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 2
Help and support for Linux users.
YACReader instalation on Raspberry Pi OS [help]
- CharlyDic
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
5 years 10 months ago #5535
by CharlyDic
YACReader instalation on Raspberry Pi OS [help] was created by CharlyDic
Hello, greetings from Argentina!
First, let me thank you for this amazing piece of software, which has made manage my comics easy and fun. This is by far the best app you can find and I'm really grateful for this.
So, here is my problem. At the moment, I'm running YACReader on a Raspberry Pi 4 (8Gb) using Windows ARM version. Since the Windows version supports emulation for x32 apps, there is no issue there. I've been reading in my iPad using this set up for at least a week
However, since I need to start using my Pi4 for another projects, I wanted to use my Pi 3 B+ with Raspberry OS (aka Raspian) and install the YACR Library there. Since it's an ARM OS, I'm not sure how to install YACR on this platform, adding the fact that I'm not too familiarized with Linux.
Is there any guide available for this? I tried to find but I was not able to.
Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.
First, let me thank you for this amazing piece of software, which has made manage my comics easy and fun. This is by far the best app you can find and I'm really grateful for this.
So, here is my problem. At the moment, I'm running YACReader on a Raspberry Pi 4 (8Gb) using Windows ARM version. Since the Windows version supports emulation for x32 apps, there is no issue there. I've been reading in my iPad using this set up for at least a week
However, since I need to start using my Pi4 for another projects, I wanted to use my Pi 3 B+ with Raspberry OS (aka Raspian) and install the YACR Library there. Since it's an ARM OS, I'm not sure how to install YACR on this platform, adding the fact that I'm not too familiarized with Linux.
Is there any guide available for this? I tried to find but I was not able to.
Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
5 years 10 months ago #5539
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader instalation on Raspberry Pi OS [help]
Not sure if there are some prebuilt packages out there, if you can't find any you'll need to build it yourself
Check how the app is built in Linux automatically here: github.com/YACReader/yacreader/blob/develop/azure-pipelines.yml Read the Linux job and follow the scripts instructions to install dependencies and build the app.
Check how the app is built in Linux automatically here: github.com/YACReader/yacreader/blob/develop/azure-pipelines.yml Read the Linux job and follow the scripts instructions to install dependencies and build the app.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Wayne
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 9 months ago #5653
by Wayne
Replied by Wayne on topic YACReader instalation on Raspberry Pi OS [help]
I have a raspberry pi 4 running raspberry os. I tend to run all my apps in docker containers as it has several benefits. There’s a docker container for YACReader, some kind person has done the hard work of getting it working on arm...
yacreader.com/forum/support-linux/658-ya...erized?start=60#5021
yacreader.com/forum/support-linux/658-ya...erized?start=60#5021
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
5 years 9 months ago #5654
by selmf
software.opensuse.org//download.html?pro...mf&package=yacreader
There's some Raspbian packages under Debian
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic YACReader instalation on Raspberry Pi OS [help]
Luis Ángel wrote: Not sure if there are some prebuilt packages out there, if you can't find any you'll need to build it yourself
Check how the app is built in Linux automatically here: github.com/YACReader/yacreader/blob/develop/azure-pipelines.yml Read the Linux job and follow the scripts instructions to install dependencies and build the app.
software.opensuse.org//download.html?pro...mf&package=yacreader
There's some Raspbian packages under Debian
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel