- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 3
Help and support for Linux users.
Library reading list export
- echoscreen
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
5 years 1 month ago #6203
by echoscreen
Library reading list export was created by echoscreen
I finally start using reading lists and they're really handy.
It'd be nice to be able to export them into a file like CSV, JSON etc with just the path and filenames (or to be able to choose absolute path or just filename, etc). Kind of like a M3U file for comics.
Is this possible now or is it planned as a feature?
It'd be nice to be able to export them into a file like CSV, JSON etc with just the path and filenames (or to be able to choose absolute path or just filename, etc). Kind of like a M3U file for comics.
Is this possible now or is it planned as a feature?
The following user(s) said Thank You: middle_pickup
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
5 years 1 month ago #6207
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Library reading list export
It isn’t possible and I didn’t think about it to be honest, I am curious, what would you do with the exported info?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- echoscreen
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 3
5 years 1 month ago #6209
by echoscreen
Replied by echoscreen on topic Library reading list export
An export/import feature would help if you want to move some files outside the YAC library to save on storage (and easily import them again later). Story arcs, for example, can take a while to build up a reading list. It'd be nice to have the list as a file contained in the same file structure the comics are stored in, too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel, middle_pickup
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- middle_pickup
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 7
4 years 9 months ago #6444
by middle_pickup
Replied by middle_pickup on topic Library reading list export
Windows user chiming in here. I think this is a great idea, and one not unique to Linux...
Reading list export would be actually quite useful. I think a "collect all and save" export feature would be super useful for moving a specific reading list from one server to another. Have you ever used Ableton Live? It's a digital audio workstation people use to produce music with. You can save your project and export a file (Normally a single mp3 or wav file as a demo of the current state of the song), or you can save all of the individual components of your project and "collect all and save" them to a new location. This lets you open the project on a new computer, and have everything you need to continue working on the project.
I have a large number of comics in my server. I'm currently working in my spare time on downloading the comic vine tags for all of them, but this will take a long time. I'm also starting to build a reading list containing all of the Marvel 616-universe Spider-Man comics in the proper reading order. I would love to be able to export this reading list as a project that can be opened in any instance of YACLibrary on any machine. I'm sinking a lot of time into this reading list, and having it locked down on my one PC is kinda scary. haha
Reading list export would be actually quite useful. I think a "collect all and save" export feature would be super useful for moving a specific reading list from one server to another. Have you ever used Ableton Live? It's a digital audio workstation people use to produce music with. You can save your project and export a file (Normally a single mp3 or wav file as a demo of the current state of the song), or you can save all of the individual components of your project and "collect all and save" them to a new location. This lets you open the project on a new computer, and have everything you need to continue working on the project.
I have a large number of comics in my server. I'm currently working in my spare time on downloading the comic vine tags for all of them, but this will take a long time. I'm also starting to build a reading list containing all of the Marvel 616-universe Spider-Man comics in the proper reading order. I would love to be able to export this reading list as a project that can be opened in any instance of YACLibrary on any machine. I'm sinking a lot of time into this reading list, and having it locked down on my one PC is kinda scary. haha
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 9 months ago #6450
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Library reading list export
Hey I use Ableton too 
There is export/import comics info in the library context menu (don't try or try only with a test library). It is something I added in the first versions but I don't think people used it at all, so it is kind of abandoned feature.
I would recommend keeping a backup of your db file, that's where all the info is, it is a sqlite database.
I need to think about what would be the best way to implement this.
There is export/import comics info in the library context menu (don't try or try only with a test library). It is something I added in the first versions but I don't think people used it at all, so it is kind of abandoned feature.
I would recommend keeping a backup of your db file, that's where all the info is, it is a sqlite database.
I need to think about what would be the best way to implement this.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: middle_pickup, echoscreen
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Oscruise
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 9 months ago #8076
by Oscruise
Replied by Oscruise on topic Library reading list export
Sorry to write in this old post but for me, importing/exporting reading lists is the only feature that Yacreader is missing to be the best comic server (well, maybe auto-create storyarc reading lists as well). I had a not so happy experience with a particular reading list that I created which involved comics from 1987 to this day and that took me a while to polish. When I was reading maybe at half of the list, my library got corrupted somehow and could not restore it, so I had to start the creation all over again. After a while, when I was 3/4 of the list, yep, you guess it, library died again. I decide to wait until this feature that allow us to back-up and restore lists was implemented. Waiting that it also relies on “simple” comic rules and not on the comic path itself, since my comic library is in constant evolution. To give an example, when the list is created, maybe the comic path is “c:library/DC/action comics/action comics #1” and when I import it again the new path is “c:library/DC/action comics/v1 (1938)/action comics #1”, so it maybe just store the “Publisher/series/issue #” path for easy re-import. Hope that this is possible and I’m not talking nonsense, but with a huge library, reading lists are a must and I think is valuable to be able to have them safe. Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 9 months ago #8077
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Library reading list export
Do you know what happened with the database? If there is a bug in the code that makes the database to get corrupted I would like to fix it.
You can always do manual backups of the library.ydb file from your_library_path/.yacreaderlibrary/library.db
It is a sqlite file.
You can always do manual backups of the library.ydb file from your_library_path/.yacreaderlibrary/library.db
It is a sqlite file.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oscruise
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Oscruise
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 9 months ago #8078
by Oscruise
Replied by Oscruise on topic Library reading list export
Thanks for the reply Luis. Actually I do have a backup of the library, but itˋs not usable since cannot update new comics. Maybe due to the fact that the comic structure changes a lot because I’m constantly updating pages, paths, file types and so on or even because library lives in docker and is being updated on MacOS and the mounted volumes changes as well. There are many variables and honestly I prefer to just recreate the library again and therefore I lose the reading lists.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel