- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Linux users.
Install segfaults on Pop_OS 21.04
- ret
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #6232
by ret
Install segfaults on Pop_OS 21.04 was created by ret
Hello,
I tried to install the latest version 9.8.1-1 via the repository (ubuntu) and via deb file. The library application works, but I cannot run the reader - either from the binary or via the library.
Looking at the event log:
YACReader[400365]: segfault at 0 ip 00007f4683a04035 sp 00007ffebd797d40 error 4 in iHD_drv_video.so[7f46838e0000+3b3000]
kernel Code: 01 48 83 f8 42 75 e6 31 db 66 41 89 9f 58 0c 00 00 49 8b 5f 28 8b 83 b0 20 00 00 85 c0 0f 84 c2 01 00 00 48 8b b3 a8 20 00 00 <81> 3e 00 00 01 00 48 89 75 c8 0f 85 ab 01 00 00 44 8d 70 f0 4d 63
app-gnome-YACReader-404822.scope: Succeeded.
I have a system76 laptop running with an nvidia gtx 1650 card (it also has integrated graphics, but I typically use nvidia). The driver is nvidia 470.63.01 for linux-x86_64
Any thoughts?
Thanks!
I tried to install the latest version 9.8.1-1 via the repository (ubuntu) and via deb file. The library application works, but I cannot run the reader - either from the binary or via the library.
Looking at the event log:
YACReader[400365]: segfault at 0 ip 00007f4683a04035 sp 00007ffebd797d40 error 4 in iHD_drv_video.so[7f46838e0000+3b3000]
kernel Code: 01 48 83 f8 42 75 e6 31 db 66 41 89 9f 58 0c 00 00 49 8b 5f 28 8b 83 b0 20 00 00 85 c0 0f 84 c2 01 00 00 48 8b b3 a8 20 00 00 <81> 3e 00 00 01 00 48 89 75 c8 0f 85 ab 01 00 00 44 8d 70 f0 4d 63
app-gnome-YACReader-404822.scope: Succeeded.
I have a system76 laptop running with an nvidia gtx 1650 card (it also has integrated graphics, but I typically use nvidia). The driver is nvidia 470.63.01 for linux-x86_64
Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
5 years 2 weeks ago #6233
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Install segfaults on Pop_OS 21.04
Probably not our bug. The error message you posted hints at a problem with intel-media-va-driver. You could try uninstalling that or installing intel-media-va-driver.
If that does not help a quick google search for "error 4 in iHD_drv_video" and "segfault" should give you more material to work with.
If that does not help a quick google search for "error 4 in iHD_drv_video" and "segfault" should give you more material to work with.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel