Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Anyone has tried to compile in Synology NAS?

Anyone has tried to compile in Synology NAS? 9 years 8 months ago #697

theotocopulitos

Fresh Boarder

I was looking for a lightweight comic 'server' for a Synology NAS... So I found YACReader... it seems this might be a great program to run on a NAS and use the reader for iOS to read remotely... Does anyone have experience in this?

Thanks

Arturo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Anyone has tried to compile in Synology NAS? 9 years 8 months ago #698

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Welcome to the forum theotocopulitos,

one of the tasks in the TODO list is creating a headless version of YACReaderLibrary and then I would like to try to build a package for running it in NAS systems.

I have no experience developing for Synology or any other NAS systems. Probably the first step is try to have a build of Qt5 for Synology (dropping the gui framework).

It would be great if you want to join the project as a contributor or if you know someone with the needed skills :) We can work together on the NAS stuff.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barto28

Anyone has tried to compile in Synology NAS? 9 years 8 months ago #701

theotocopulitos

Fresh Boarder

Well, I'd love to help, but I am not very proficient with the Synology or C++... I used to run linux decades ago, now I have gone lazy... But let me know if I can help testing or somehow!

Arturo.

Anyone has tried to compile in Synology NAS? 9 years 2 weeks ago #1239

dirtboy12

Fresh Boarder

A pre-compiled version for a Synology would be cool, but a version compiled for armv7l or armada xp debian would be a good interim solution.

On my Synology box I run ARM Debian using chroot in addition to the Synology specific linux. It allows me to run anything that has been compiled for Debian on ARM without having to have it be specific to the Diskstation's OS.

Unfortunately, I don't see the point in compiling it now until there is a headless option. Otherwise I would have to setup a full Windowing system to launch it, and that may be more than the little box can handle.

Anyone has tried to compile in Synology NAS? 9 years 2 weeks ago #1240

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Compiling YAC on arm is already possible with the development version. All you have to do is to add a compile option to disable the open_gl comic flow and fall back to software rendering.
Some work on a headless version has been done but it's still in a very early stage. We still have a lot of work to do till it becomes usable.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Anyone has tried to compile in Synology NAS? 9 years 2 weeks ago #1241

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

When the headless version will be ready, it would be great to have some beta testers for the ARM version.

Are you interested guys?

As selmf said, a fully functional version of YACReader (without OpenGL by now) is already working on a Raspberry Pi. So ARM is not a problem.

For synology, setting up cross-compile environments is always a little bit tricky, so any help with this will be welcome. f.e. forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=16560
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Anyone has tried to compile in Synology NAS? 9 years 2 weeks ago #1242

josephm

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Hi Luis-Angel,

when a headless version will be available I will compile it for LaCie Cloudbox Arm5 or on Raspberry Pi2 Arm 7.

Best regards
Last Edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by josephm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

Anyone has tried to compile in Synology NAS? 9 years 2 weeks ago #1243

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Hi Josephm,

thanks a lot for your offer :) Anything we don't have to take care of leaves us more time for actual development.
As I've written before, the headless version will take some more time. We will have to inspect and possibly rewrite parts of YACReader to remove gui dependencies, evaluate and maybe replace some of the libraries we're using and add control mechanisms to the command line interface as well as to the web-interface. The good news is that we'll probably be able to do this gradually, one module at a time, without splitting YACReaderLibrary into two binaries and that the gui version will profit from this as well.

Regards,

selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Anyone has tried to compile in Synology NAS? 9 years 5 days ago #1269

BiterChuS

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Hi!

I have a 213j, I will try to help you as a b tester if you need help with that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

Anyone has tried to compile in Synology NAS? 9 years 4 days ago #1274

Barto28

Fresh Boarder

This is very interesting.

I was wondering how to run Yacreader on my Synology !
I hope a Synology package will be done ^^

Anyway thank you for YacReader, a great product :)
  • Page: