- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for Linux users.
Unable to use/run HeadLess Server Ubuntu 22.04
- CHC
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
4 years 3 months ago #6848
by CHC
Unable to use/run HeadLess Server Ubuntu 22.04 was created by CHC
Hello everyone,
As stated in the subject, I try to install Headless Server on an Ubuntu as a service, but no luck.
Using the doc found on Github, I tried to install it as user. When I do that it doesn't start :
Then I tried to use it as system (my preferred way as I dont want to keep a user open session on the server just to run YAC server) :
It launches but with no Library
Then I try to add an existing one (the same present in the log from userland above)
Unable to add a Library (and unable to know where it find the config)
Does anybody have any clue about this ?
I tried with Docker and the result is the same as with system/root, "Directory not found"
Thank you in advance,
Christophe
As stated in the subject, I try to install Headless Server on an Ubuntu as a service, but no luck.
Using the doc found on Github, I tried to install it as user. When I do that it doesn't start :
Code:
Jul 04 17:30:40 jdrien YACReaderLibraryServer[1856]: INFO 2022-07-04T17:30:40.014 ---------- System & configuration ----------
Jul 04 17:30:40 jdrien YACReaderLibraryServer[1856]: INFO 2022-07-04T17:30:40.014 OS: "Ubuntu 22.04 LTS" Version: "22.04"
Jul 04 17:30:40 jdrien YACReaderLibraryServer[1856]: INFO 2022-07-04T17:30:40.014 Kernel: "linux" "5.15.0-40-generic" Architecture: "x86_64"
Jul 04 17:30:40 jdrien YACReaderLibraryServer[1856]: INFO 2022-07-04T17:30:40.015 Libraries: QMap(("BDs", QPair(1,"/home/christophe/OneDrive/Books/BDs")))
Jul 04 17:30:40 jdrien YACReaderLibraryServer[1856]: INFO 2022-07-04T17:30:40.015 --------------------------------------------
Jul 04 17:30:40 jdrien YACReaderLibraryServer[1856]: INFO 2022-07-04T17:30:40.015 YACReaderLibrary starting
Jul 04 17:30:40 jdrien YACReaderLibraryServer[1856]: INFO 2022-07-04T17:30:40.023 Running on port "41655"
Jul 04 17:30:40 jdrien YACReaderLibraryServer[1856]: ERROR 2022-07-04T17:30:40.029 Unable to create local server
Then I tried to use it as system (my preferred way as I dont want to keep a user open session on the server just to run YAC server) :
Code:
root@jdrien:~/.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary# systemctl status yacreaderlibraryserver.service
● yacreaderlibraryserver.service - YACReaderLibrary headless server
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/yacreaderlibraryserver.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Mon 2022-07-04 18:02:01 UTC; 9s ago
Main PID: 1992 (YACReaderLibrar)
Tasks: 1 (limit: 9305)
Memory: 2.2M
CPU: 12ms
CGroup: /system.slice/yacreaderlibraryserver.service
└─1992 /usr/bin/YACReaderLibraryServer start
Jul 04 18:02:01 jdrien systemd[1]: Started YACReaderLibrary headless server.
Jul 04 18:02:01 jdrien YACReaderLibraryServer[1992]: INFO 2022-07-04T18:02:01.272 YACReaderLibraryServer attempting to start
Jul 04 18:02:01 jdrien YACReaderLibraryServer[1992]: INFO 2022-07-04T18:02:01.272 ---------- System & configuration ----------
Jul 04 18:02:01 jdrien YACReaderLibraryServer[1992]: INFO 2022-07-04T18:02:01.272 OS: "Ubuntu 22.04 LTS" Version: "22.04"
Jul 04 18:02:01 jdrien YACReaderLibraryServer[1992]: INFO 2022-07-04T18:02:01.272 Kernel: "linux" "5.15.0-40-generic" Architecture: "x86_64"
Jul 04 18:02:01 jdrien YACReaderLibraryServer[1992]: INFO 2022-07-04T18:02:01.272 Libraries: QMap()
Jul 04 18:02:01 jdrien YACReaderLibraryServer[1992]: INFO 2022-07-04T18:02:01.272 --------------------------------------------
Jul 04 18:02:01 jdrien YACReaderLibraryServer[1992]: INFO 2022-07-04T18:02:01.273 YACReaderLibrary starting
Jul 04 18:02:01 jdrien YACReaderLibraryServer[1992]: INFO 2022-07-04T18:02:01.280 Running on port "8080"
It launches but with no Library
Then I try to add an existing one (the same present in the log from userland above)
Code:
root@jdrien:~/.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary# YACReaderLibraryServer add-library /home/christophe/OneDrive/Books/BDs/ BDs
Directory not found.
Unable to add a Library (and unable to know where it find the config)
Does anybody have any clue about this ?
I tried with Docker and the result is the same as with system/root, "Directory not found"
Thank you in advance,
Christophe
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 3 months ago #6852
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Unable to use/run HeadLess Server Ubuntu 22.04
IIRC add-library ads an existing library, you need to create one first with create-library
if you run yacreadelibraryserver with no arguments it should print a small help, try yacreaderlibraryserver -h followed by a command to learn more about it
if you run yacreadelibraryserver with no arguments it should print a small help, try yacreaderlibraryserver -h followed by a command to learn more about it
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- CHC
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 1
4 years 3 months ago #6855
by CHC
Replied by CHC on topic Unable to use/run HeadLess Server Ubuntu 22.04
Hi Luis,
I already have a library created, I can access it thru samba with Yacreader Library from my Macbook Air.
I just want to add the same library in headlessserver, which is supposed to be done by add-library
I already have a library created, I can access it thru samba with Yacreader Library from my Macbook Air.
I just want to add the same library in headlessserver, which is supposed to be done by add-library
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 2 months ago #6858
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Unable to use/run HeadLess Server Ubuntu 22.04
Try this:
The syntax is add-library name path
Code:
YACReaderLibraryServer add-library BDs /home/christophe/OneDrive/Books/BDs
The syntax is add-library name path
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- CHC
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 1
4 years 2 months ago #6862
by CHC
Replied by CHC on topic Unable to use/run HeadLess Server Ubuntu 22.04
Ah !
Thank you Luis, I was able to add the Library.
But still unable to reach it with YACReader on my iPad.
And status doesn't show a Library available :
Thank you Luis, I was able to add the Library.
Code:
christophe@jdrien:~$ sudo YACReaderLibraryServer add-library comics /home/christophe/OneDrive/Books/BDs
Library added : comics at /home/christophe/OneDrive/Books/BDs
But still unable to reach it with YACReader on my iPad.
And status doesn't show a Library available :
Code:
christophe@jdrien:~$ sudo systemctl status yacreaderlibraryserver
● yacreaderlibraryserver.service - YACReaderLibrary headless server
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/yacreaderlibraryserver.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Thu 2022-07-07 17:18:48 UTC; 3min 41s ago
Main PID: 8670 (YACReaderLibrar)
Tasks: 3 (limit: 9305)
Memory: 2.8M
CPU: 24ms
CGroup: /system.slice/yacreaderlibraryserver.service
└─8670 /usr/bin/YACReaderLibraryServer start
Jul 07 17:18:48 jdrien systemd[1]: Started YACReaderLibrary headless server.
Jul 07 17:18:48 jdrien YACReaderLibraryServer[8670]: INFO 2022-07-07T17:18:48.939 YACReaderLibraryServer attempting to start
Jul 07 17:18:48 jdrien YACReaderLibraryServer[8670]: INFO 2022-07-07T17:18:48.942 ---------- System & configuration ----------
Jul 07 17:18:48 jdrien YACReaderLibraryServer[8670]: INFO 2022-07-07T17:18:48.942 OS: "Ubuntu 22.04 LTS" Version: "22.04"
Jul 07 17:18:48 jdrien YACReaderLibraryServer[8670]: INFO 2022-07-07T17:18:48.942 Kernel: "linux" "5.15.0-40-generic" Architecture: "x86_64"
Jul 07 17:18:48 jdrien YACReaderLibraryServer[8670]: INFO 2022-07-07T17:18:48.942 Libraries: QMap()
Jul 07 17:18:48 jdrien YACReaderLibraryServer[8670]: INFO 2022-07-07T17:18:48.942 --------------------------------------------
Jul 07 17:18:48 jdrien YACReaderLibraryServer[8670]: INFO 2022-07-07T17:18:48.942 YACReaderLibrary starting
Jul 07 17:18:48 jdrien YACReaderLibraryServer[8670]: INFO 2022-07-07T17:18:48.949 Running on port "8080"
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 2 months ago #6864
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Unable to use/run HeadLess Server Ubuntu 22.04
Did you restarted the server after adding the library?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- CHC
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 1
4 years 2 months ago #6873
by CHC
Replied by CHC on topic Unable to use/run HeadLess Server Ubuntu 22.04
Hello Luis,
Yes I did.
Strange thing. When using the YACReaderLibrary command, the .in,i file in root/.local/... is well updated with the LIbrary, but it seems the service doesn't read this ini file.
And I am unable to figure out where is the config directory used when launching the service.
I could use screeen to launch the server and be able to cut the session and let the server run, but there is no way to relaunch it automagically if there is a reboot.
Christophe.
Yes I did.
Strange thing. When using the YACReaderLibrary command, the .in,i file in root/.local/... is well updated with the LIbrary, but it seems the service doesn't read this ini file.
And I am unable to figure out where is the config directory used when launching the service.
I could use screeen to launch the server and be able to cut the session and let the server run, but there is no way to relaunch it automagically if there is a reboot.
Christophe.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 2 months ago #6874
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Unable to use/run HeadLess Server Ubuntu 22.04
Hmmm, do a search in your hard disk for yacreaderlibrary.ini files. I would expect to systemd to use the root home folder, but it looks like it isn't doing that.
But if you can't make it work this way, this docker image should do the trick github.com/xthursdayx/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker
It is really well documented and setting it up shouldn't be hard.
But if you can't make it work this way, this docker image should do the trick github.com/xthursdayx/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker
It is really well documented and setting it up shouldn't be hard.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- CHC
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 1
4 years 2 months ago #6899
by CHC
Replied by CHC on topic Unable to use/run HeadLess Server Ubuntu 22.04
Thank you for the insight about the docker version
But it doesn't seem to change anything, same message :
But it doesn't seem to change anything, same message :
Code:
root@jdrien:~# docker run -d --name=YACReaderLibraryServer -e PUID=1000 -p 8080:8080 -v /root/.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary:/config -v /home/christophe/OneDrive/Books/BDs/:/comics --restart unless-stopped xthursdayx/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker
9e0bd6675d29fd4b268eb738cd45e19ed2a81cf1484533c4ed6506111ad44b6b
root@jdrien:~# docker exec YACReaderLibraryServer YACReaderLibraryServer add-library comics /home/christophe/OneDrive/Books/BDs/
Directory not found.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- CHC
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 1
4 years 2 months ago #6900
by CHC
Replied by CHC on topic Unable to use/run HeadLess Server Ubuntu 22.04
Hello Luis,
Don't pay attention to the previous message, I finally found the solution by reading the docker doc more attentively.
root@jdrien:~# docker exec YACReaderLibraryServer YACReaderLibraryServer add-library comics /comics
Library added : comics at /comics
THank you for your help
Don't pay attention to the previous message, I finally found the solution by reading the docker doc more attentively.
root@jdrien:~# docker exec YACReaderLibraryServer YACReaderLibraryServer add-library comics /comics
Library added : comics at /comics
THank you for your help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel