Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Linux users.

How to connect a reader to the library server

  • francois
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
2 years 3 months ago #8586 by francois
I just installed the yacreaderlibrary server on the machine on which I am currently saving my comics using docker.
The server appears to be running and I can connect to it with a web browser and see details about my comics there. But I cannot read them from the web browser.

But I cannot see how I can connect my yacreader desktop app on my (Linux, kubuntu 22.04) laptop to the server. I cannot see how to do that from my macbook either. I cannot see it in the options. And I cannot put an address when I try to open a file.

Am I missing something, or is it something you can only do from a mobile app?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #8587 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic How to connect a reader to the library server
The server only works with the iOS and Android apps. In your lan you just need to share the folder where your comics are, mount it locally and then open that folder in YACReaderLibrary to browse your library.

You can keep using yacreaderlibraryserver to get your library updated, I will be faster that doing it over the network.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!