Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Linux users.

Trouble with Gnome and Google Drive

  • Lamasu
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
1 year 8 months ago #9251 by Lamasu
Trouble with Gnome and Google Drive was created by Lamasu
Hi!

I'm really enjoying using Yac, the library is a lot of fun to use for a hoarder like me.

Here's the issue:
I keep my files on Google Drive, and do not have enough space to have them downloaded. I have a Linux machine that I would like to keep my library on, but the machine is having trouble reading my library file! I have already made a rather large library, with all the files including the library file living on the Drive. I am using Gnome to tell Yac where to find this folder. Yac has no issues navigating there, but then fails to load the library altogether. What can I do? Is Gnome struggling to update my Google Drive files? Will it help to have everything downloaded all the time? I am happy to use an external hard drive or something to extend my storage but I don't know how to keep all the files constantly up-to-date and downloaded on that external. I'm not even sure if that will help...

Also, while I have your attention, at the moment I am running Yac between my desktop PC and Macbook. the library seems to be running just fine since both are using the same folder, but the Vine metadata that I am meticulously downloading does not seem to sync. Is this expected, and what can I do to fix it?

Thanks for making this app!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #9255 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Trouble with Gnome and Google Drive
If the same folder is shared between your computers the metadata should be there for all of them in the database file inside .yacreaderlibrary (which is placed in the root folder of your library).

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Lamasu
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
1 year 8 months ago #9256 by Lamasu
Replied by Lamasu on topic Trouble with Gnome and Google Drive
I think I found out what's happening.

The problem only occurs if the metadata is being synced as well as new comics being added.
So if I don't add any comics and only sync metadata, it works great. If I sync metadata AND add new books at the same time, then the metadata sync messes up. Not just this, but it also messes up the library file, so that so much of the metadata that had already been added is gone too.
Now I am testing out something new. I am making a copy of the library file - I will do the damage sync on the second computer and restore the file afterwards to see if that fixes things.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!