- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for Linux users.
Unable to restore the Library view
- Mightykhan
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
7 months 2 weeks ago - 7 months 1 week ago #9956
by Mightykhan
Unable to restore the Library view was created by Mightykhan
Recently switched over from Windows to Linux and I have my YACReader about 95% working. One of my remaining issues is that I can no longer get back to the Library interface. I have it set to load on boot up and to minimise to the toolbar. Which is working properly. I've disable the minimise to the toolbar, rebooted and still cannot get back to the Library window. When clicking on the Background application button in the toolbar, it brings up the reader and not the Library. Am i missing a button in the reader to open the Library window? Any help will be appreciated. Thx!
For context on my setup:
Running Fedora based Bluefin Linux
The YACReader application is installed to the PC via Flatpack
My comic files are on my NAS. (it's older and doesn't support Docker)
Follow up: Sorry, i tried updating this last weekend and couldn't get it to save for some reason.
But I finely got to spend some more time looking at this. I think it has something to do with Gnome and using extensions to get the desktop to look and behave how I want it to. I enabled "AppIndicator and KStatusNotification Support" extension and it seems to be working now. Least I think that was it. At first it was still behaving a little weird. On the library startup, it would show up as an icon in the toolbar for a few seconds, but it would disappear and only run in the background without any access to it. I kept messing with the extension settings, until I think it's working properly. I did a reboot and it seems to be working now. I would call the issue resolved.
For context on my setup:
Running Fedora based Bluefin Linux
The YACReader application is installed to the PC via Flatpack
My comic files are on my NAS. (it's older and doesn't support Docker)
Follow up: Sorry, i tried updating this last weekend and couldn't get it to save for some reason.
But I finely got to spend some more time looking at this. I think it has something to do with Gnome and using extensions to get the desktop to look and behave how I want it to. I enabled "AppIndicator and KStatusNotification Support" extension and it seems to be working now. Least I think that was it. At first it was still behaving a little weird. On the library startup, it would show up as an icon in the toolbar for a few seconds, but it would disappear and only run in the background without any access to it. I kept messing with the extension settings, until I think it's working properly. I did a reboot and it seems to be working now. I would call the issue resolved.
Last edit: 7 months 1 week ago by Mightykhan. Reason: updating status
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Mightykhan
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 1
7 months 2 weeks ago #9963
by Mightykhan
Replied by Mightykhan on topic Unable to restore the Library view
I finely had some more time to do some more checking into this. It's something to do with Gnome and running extensions. I can get it to show up as an icon in the toolbar, but not consistently. Sometimes it would startup and I could see the icon in the toolbar, but if you don't click it and select "restore", it would disappear and just run in the back ground with no access. I'm just going to have to keep playing with the different extension settings until I can get it to behave.
Would call this mostly resolved as I can get back to the library again.
Would call this mostly resolved as I can get back to the library again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Mightykhan
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 1
7 months 2 weeks ago #9964
by Mightykhan
Replied by Mightykhan on topic Unable to restore the Library view
As a followup, I finely got to spend some more time looking at this. I think it has something to do with Gnome and using extensions to get the desktop to look and behave how I want it to. I enabled "AppIndicator and KStatusNotification Support" extension and it seems to be working now. At first it was still behaving a little weird. On the library startup, it would show up as an icon in the toolbar for a few seconds, but it would disappear and only run in the background without any access to it. I kept messing with the extension settings, until I think it's working properly. Worse case, I can catch it when starting the library and get what I need done. I would call the issue resolved.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel