- Posts: 22
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for Linux users.
Yacreaderlibrary server for Linux
- josephm
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #1692
by josephm
Yacreaderlibrary server for Linux was created by josephm
Hi Luis Angel and selmf,
Very wonderful development again with YACReader 8.0 + YACReader 2.0 for iOS!
I come back to you for a question about the headless unix version. I understand that there is a lot of work do be done for developing it.
But, would it be possible to have only the server in a standalone executable and to make use of the generated .yacreaderlibrary on a PC for example, by copying it to the unix server.
Or it is possible to get the communication protocol, I would try to develop a PHP application working with every http server?
I have a NAS on which I would like to install the headless server in order to read my comics from Ipad.
Best regards,
J
Very wonderful development again with YACReader 8.0 + YACReader 2.0 for iOS!
I come back to you for a question about the headless unix version. I understand that there is a lot of work do be done for developing it.
But, would it be possible to have only the server in a standalone executable and to make use of the generated .yacreaderlibrary on a PC for example, by copying it to the unix server.
Or it is possible to get the communication protocol, I would try to develop a PHP application working with every http server?
I have a NAS on which I would like to install the headless server in order to read my comics from Ipad.
Best regards,
J
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by josephm.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
11 years 2 months ago #1693
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Yacreaderlibrary server for Linux
Yes, this can be done and requires only a few changes. In fact, I already made a patch for this which can be found on Luis bitbucket repository.
The patch adds a commandline option to YACReaderLibrary which allows starting the server in a pure shell environment. It's still very much experimental, not very userfriendly, and might not apply clean to the current codebase. Still, if you feel a little dangerous you can give it a try.
The patch adds a commandline option to YACReaderLibrary which allows starting the server in a pure shell environment. It's still very much experimental, not very userfriendly, and might not apply clean to the current codebase. Still, if you feel a little dangerous you can give it a try.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- josephm
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 22
- Thank you received: 1
11 years 2 months ago #1694
by josephm
Replied by josephm on topic Yacreaderlibrary server for Linux
Dear selmf,
I will test it with pleasure if you can send me the link to the patch. I didn't found anything in the Luis's repository.
It is necessary to compile all the libraries or only the server ones?
Best regards,
j.
I will test it with pleasure if you can send me the link to the patch. I didn't found anything in the Luis's repository.
It is necessary to compile all the libraries or only the server ones?
Best regards,
j.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
11 years 2 months ago #1695
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Yacreaderlibrary server for Linux
It's a pull request:
bitbucket.org/luisangelsm/yacreader/pull...less-no-gui-support/
Please take notice that this pull request is still based on an early (pre-pre-alpha) version of YAC 8.0 which has a lot of bugs in it, so you will need to update it by merging it with the current tip.
It's not necessary to compile YACReader, YACReaderLibrary will do. Have a good look at the build procedure descriped in INSTALL.txt and follow the instructions provided, but instead of the root directory of the source use the YACReaderLibrary directory. This will skip building YACReader.
If you run into problems with merging the patch, feel free to ask Luis for help (he promised to keep it up to date
).
If the decompression backend gives you trouble, you might find some pointers in the "compile on centos" thread here in the forum.
As for myself, I probably won't pick up that patch before I have done some serious work on some other parts of the code.
bitbucket.org/luisangelsm/yacreader/pull...less-no-gui-support/
Please take notice that this pull request is still based on an early (pre-pre-alpha) version of YAC 8.0 which has a lot of bugs in it, so you will need to update it by merging it with the current tip.
It's not necessary to compile YACReader, YACReaderLibrary will do. Have a good look at the build procedure descriped in INSTALL.txt and follow the instructions provided, but instead of the root directory of the source use the YACReaderLibrary directory. This will skip building YACReader.
If you run into problems with merging the patch, feel free to ask Luis for help (he promised to keep it up to date
If the decompression backend gives you trouble, you might find some pointers in the "compile on centos" thread here in the forum.
As for myself, I probably won't pick up that patch before I have done some serious work on some other parts of the code.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel