- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
Help and support for Linux users.
No-gui Patch Errors
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
10 years 8 months ago #1997
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic No-gui Patch Errors
If you're using YACReader from my repo you already have unarr installed as a library and are probably only missing the header files. To get these, you'll need to install libunarr-dev from the repository. Once this is installed qmake will detect and use it.
As for the header file qmake complains about, that is caused by me forgetting to update the static wrapper code after an upstream change 8 months ago. I always build unarr seperate, so I didn't notice this.
As for the header file qmake complains about, that is caused by me forgetting to update the static wrapper code after an upstream change 8 months ago. I always build unarr seperate, so I didn't notice this.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- carmat06
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 8 months ago #2001
by carmat06
Replied by carmat06 on topic No-gui Patch Errors
Thanks for the tips. I installed libunarr-dev and those errors went away. Now I have a new error, after I ran make it exited with the following error:
I tried installing libpoppler-dev, libpoppler-dev-qt-4, and libpoppler-dev-qt-5 but it did't help. Any ideas?
Code:
fatal error: poppler-qt4.h: No such file or directory
#include "poppler-qt4.h"
^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [library_creator.o] Error 1
I tried installing libpoppler-dev, libpoppler-dev-qt-4, and libpoppler-dev-qt-5 but it did't help. Any ideas?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
10 years 8 months ago #2003
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic No-gui Patch Errors
Hi,
try this:
The poppler-qt4.h include is a leftover from YACReader's Qt4 days. It's only active when trying to build with Qt4 (no longer supported but we didn't have time to purge everything Qt4 related), which can happen when the qmake command defaults to the Qt4 version of qmake.
try this:
Code:
make distclean
qmake-qt5 YACReaderLibraryServer.pro
The poppler-qt4.h include is a leftover from YACReader's Qt4 days. It's only active when trying to build with Qt4 (no longer supported but we didn't have time to purge everything Qt4 related), which can happen when the qmake command defaults to the Qt4 version of qmake.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- carmat06
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 8 months ago #2005
by carmat06
Replied by carmat06 on topic No-gui Patch Errors
Thanks again for the help. I just tried this, but I'm getting this error now:
Code:
~/Downloads/yacreader/YACReaderLibrary $ qmake-qt5 YACReaderLibraryServer.pro
No command 'qmake-qt5' found, did you mean:
Command 'qmake-qt4' from package 'qt4-qmake' (main)
qmake-qt5: command not found
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
10 years 8 months ago #2006
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic No-gui Patch Errors
Well, for this error,
should help to get you one step closer. You probably still have to install a few more -dev packages to make it work. For reference, here's the build dependency list for my .deb packages:
For the headless version you won't need libglu1 and qtdeclatative.
Code:
apt-get install qt5-qmake
should help to get you one step closer. You probably still have to install a few more -dev packages to make it work. For reference, here's the build dependency list for my .deb packages:
Code:
qt5-qmake, desktop-file-utils, qtbase5-dev, qtmultimedia5-dev, libpoppler-qt5-dev, qtscript5-dev, libqt5opengl5-dev, libglu1-mesa-dev, libunarr-dev, qtdeclarative5-dev
For the headless version you won't need libglu1 and qtdeclatative.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: carmat06
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- carmat06
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #2007
by carmat06
Replied by carmat06 on topic No-gui Patch Errors
For anyone following along, I got past this error by doing this:
After installing all the dependencies selmf listed previously I was able to successfully build YACReaderLibraryServer and start it. It found my existing library and appears to be working well.
Next I'm going to try running it in a detached screen session.
Edit: Added screen commands
To start it in a detached screen session called YACHeadless:
To stop it running in a detached screen session:
Code:
sudo apt-get install qt5-default
After installing all the dependencies selmf listed previously I was able to successfully build YACReaderLibraryServer and start it. It found my existing library and appears to be working well.
Next I'm going to try running it in a detached screen session.
Edit: Added screen commands
To start it in a detached screen session called YACHeadless:
Code:
screen -S YACHeadless -d -m '/home/matt/Downloads/yacreader/YACReaderLibrary/YACReaderLibraryServer' start
To stop it running in a detached screen session:
Code:
screen -S YACHeadless -p 0 -X quit
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by carmat06. Reason: Added screen commands
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Shemes
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 6 months ago #2250
by Shemes
Replied by Shemes on topic No-gui Patch Errors
Hi
Is there any possibility or are there any plans of cross-compile to ARM? This could be an awesome addition to a QNAP. I don't know all the dependences, but I think QT has the possibility.
Thanks for all the work!
Is there any possibility or are there any plans of cross-compile to ARM? This could be an awesome addition to a QNAP. I don't know all the dependences, but I think QT has the possibility.
Thanks for all the work!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 6 months ago #2254
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic No-gui Patch Errors
I compiled yacreader for ARM using a Raspberri Pi 2. Now that YACReaderLibraryServer has been released the --no-gui option shouldn't be needed anymore. Just compile YACReaderLibraryServer.pro project.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Shemes
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 6 months ago #2255
by Shemes
Replied by Shemes on topic No-gui Patch Errors
Thanks! I'll try. I didn't see the separation between one and the ohter.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel