Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Error opening the library - CIFS

Error opening the library - CIFS 7 years 5 months ago #2605

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 9

Hi!

Some days ago, I added some comics to my library, update it and... No new files. I updated again and... No new files. Rebooted, update the library and... No new files. Last option, rebuild the library. Result? "Error opening the library". I checked the library database file and found it has size 0. Uninstall, reinstall, purge, reinstall... Nothing.

This happened after update to Ubuntu 16.10

The library is on a remote Synology NAS and it looks like the library has problems to write the library file, but not to create it.

CIFS options:

[...] cifs credentials=/home/FOO/.smbcredentials,iocharset=utf8,rw,gid=FOO,uid=FOO,defaults 0 0
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Error opening the library - CIFS 7 years 5 months ago #2606

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

FIXED!

Instead of default, sets: `,nounix,nobrl`

Full options:

cifs credentials=/home/FOO/.smbcredentials,iocharset=utf8,rw,gid=1000,uid=1000,nounix,nobrl 0 0
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by robson.sobral.

Error opening the library - CIFS 7 years 3 months ago #2950

JT105

Fresh Boarder

Hi Robson, any additional guidance for how you were able to fix this for your setup? I've recently upgraded to ubuntu 16.04, and YacReader initially scans NAS (Synology) drive, however once the scan completes Yacreader immediately returns a pop-up window "Error opening library". I am using the filepath: /run/user/1000/gvfs/{network drive}... not sure if this is correct but comics are scanning properly? Thanks for any guidance that you might offer

Error opening the library - CIFS 7 years 3 months ago #2953

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

As I said, what I did was to add `,nounix,nobrl` like in the sample I posted. Just that. Is like YACReader wasn't capable of write the library files.
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by robson.sobral.

Error opening the library - CIFS 7 years 3 months ago #2954

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Hi,

I see this kind of problem pop up every few months here in the forum. The database backend YACReader uses makes use of exclusive file access (aka "file locking"), which can lead to problems on a NAS. It's a very little documented problem that is not exclusive to YACReaderLibrary. To fix this, the mount options have to be changed. If I recall it correctly you have to add "nolock" to the options to make it work.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robson.sobral

Error opening the library - CIFS 7 years 3 months ago #2957

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

For me, was only `,nounix,nobrl`