- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for MacOSX users.
Next comic won't load once one is finished.
- JohnnyMcL
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
9 years 1 week ago #3316
by JohnnyMcL
Next comic won't load once one is finished. was created by JohnnyMcL
Hi,
I've noticed that after I've finished reading one comic and YACReader opens the next, I am presented with a black screen and the message "Loading...please wait!" every time. This message will not disappear and the comic will not load no matter how long I wait, but the comic will load completely once I have moved five pages into it, at which point I will be able to move back to the beginning and read as normal. I have never encountered this problem in the past when using YACReader and I am very confused as to why this happens every time without fail now.
Any help in identifying what is wrong or solving the issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
I've noticed that after I've finished reading one comic and YACReader opens the next, I am presented with a black screen and the message "Loading...please wait!" every time. This message will not disappear and the comic will not load no matter how long I wait, but the comic will load completely once I have moved five pages into it, at which point I will be able to move back to the beginning and read as normal. I have never encountered this problem in the past when using YACReader and I am very confused as to why this happens every time without fail now.
Any help in identifying what is wrong or solving the issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
9 years 1 week ago #3317
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Next comic won't load once one is finished.
This message usually is shown when the image isn't decompressed yet. Moving 5 pages forward clears the image buffer, so we might have a problem during the early decompression stages when the files are not yet available. I probably need to take a closer look at that code.
Can you re-test this with the current development version?
www.yacreader.com/forum/testers/971-development-releases
Otherwise some more information would be helpful, like:
- which comic formats are affected?
- what format do the images in the comic book archive have?
Can you re-test this with the current development version?
www.yacreader.com/forum/testers/971-development-releases
Otherwise some more information would be helpful, like:
- which comic formats are affected?
- what format do the images in the comic book archive have?
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- JohnnyMcL
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 1 week ago #3318
by JohnnyMcL
Replied by JohnnyMcL on topic Next comic won't load once one is finished.
I am already using the current development version that you linked to, but I tried reinstalling and testing again just in case and, unfortunately, was met with the same result.
-The only formats I have and use, and have thus tried, are .cbr and .cbz, with the same thing happening in either case.
- It seems to happen regardless of whether the images contained within are .jpg or .png.
Thanks for the quick reply.
-The only formats I have and use, and have thus tried, are .cbr and .cbz, with the same thing happening in either case.
- It seems to happen regardless of whether the images contained within are .jpg or .png.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
9 years 1 week ago #3319
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Next comic won't load once one is finished.
OK, one more question. Which version of macOS are you running?
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- JohnnyMcL
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 1 week ago #3320
by JohnnyMcL
Replied by JohnnyMcL on topic Next comic won't load once one is finished.
I'm running macOS Sierra Version 10.12.6 (16G29).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
9 years 1 week ago #3321
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Next comic won't load once one is finished.
I'm not quite sure what is going on here. The code involved is well-tested and it should detect when the files are available, but obviously that doesn't work in your case.
Some more questions to narrow it down:
- Do you use YACReader directly or do you launch it from YACReaderLibrary?
- Am I understanding you right in that this only happens when going to the next comic in YACReader, not when opening a fresh one?
Some more questions to narrow it down:
- Do you use YACReader directly or do you launch it from YACReaderLibrary?
- Am I understanding you right in that this only happens when going to the next comic in YACReader, not when opening a fresh one?
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- JohnnyMcL
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 1 week ago #3322
by JohnnyMcL
Replied by JohnnyMcL on topic Next comic won't load once one is finished.
I launch it from YACReaderLibrary and yes, it only happens when moving from the end of one comic to the beginning of the next. A fresh one always opens fine.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
9 years 1 week ago #3323
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Next comic won't load once one is finished.
OK, that helped. I still can't reliably reproduce it but I managed to trigger it once. It's probably related to the sync features between the library and the reader. Maybe Luis has an idea what is going wrong there.
As a workaround you can try to use YACReader without the library. If my suspicion is right that should work just fine.
As a workaround you can try to use YACReader without the library. If my suspicion is right that should work just fine.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyMcL
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
9 years 4 days ago #3333
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Next comic won't load once one is finished.
That's have been fixed, thanks for reporting the bug.
I am going to release a beta in a few days and it will include this fix.
I am going to release a beta in a few days and it will include this fix.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohnnyMcL
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel