Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Bookmarks not saving properly

Bookmarks not saving properly 10 years 6 days ago #439

Juan_Apa

Fresh Boarder

Hello, I'm new on the forums and I've recently downloaded YACReader and YACReaderLibrary to my MacBook Pro running Mavericks 10.9.2.

The issue I have with YACReader is that it doesn't save my bookmarks properly, or maybe I'm doing something wrong. The way I discovered this "bug" is that, having created a Library with YACReaderLibrary, I would open a comic book and turn to a random page, then click the icon to save that page as a bookmark, next, I would verify it has been saved by clicking on the bookmarks icon for that comic book, showing me that it's the only bookmark for that comic book. Afterwards, I would close the comic book, closing YACReader as well, but then, after clicking and opening the same comic book from the YACReaderLibrary, I would notice there isn't any bookmark, and when I click on the bookmarks icon for that comic book it would show me that there isn't any bookmarks in that specific comic book.

As I said, maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know if that is a bug and if there's a way to fix it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bookmarks not saving properly 10 years 6 days ago #440

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Hi Juan,

Welcome to the forum.

Please, check if the same thing is going on with this version: www.dropbox.com/s/2l2z91fzewzv145/YACRea...2%20MacOSX-Intel.dmg
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juan_Apa

Bookmarks not saving properly 10 years 4 days ago #441

Juan_Apa

Fresh Boarder

Hello, thank you very much for answering, I've tried the version you posted before but unfortunately I'm getting the same "bug", my bookmarks are not saving and it doesn't even hold the last page read in my comic books.

Could it be something I'm missing, maybe a special library or my computer lacks of a special kind of software?
Last Edit: 10 years 4 days ago by Juan_Apa.

Bookmarks not saving properly 10 years 4 days ago #442

Juan_Apa

Fresh Boarder

Ok, I tried to fix it using AppCleaner and erasing the app, then, I installed the version posted above. For a minute I thought it was working properly, I opened a few comic books and the last page was saving correctly and the bookmarks were saving too. But then, I closed both YACReader and YACReaderLibrary, and reopened them, but when I started using them I couldn't save my bookmarks anymore and the last page read wasn't saving either. What's wrong with my computer? :(
Last Edit: 10 years 4 days ago by Juan_Apa.

Bookmarks not saving properly 9 years 11 months ago #447

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Sorry for the late response.

I will check this problem on MacOSX and I will give you some feedback.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Bookmarks not saving properly 9 years 11 months ago #453

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Hi,

I have been testing the bookmarks in MacOSX, and for me everything is working fine.

Are you closing YACReaderLibrary before you close YACReader? Since version 7.0, YACReader sends some information to YACReaderLibrary for storage purposes.

Bookmarks not saving properly 9 years 10 months ago #517

Juan_Apa

Fresh Boarder

I'm still having the same problem with bookmarks. Maybe I'm doing things the wrong way. What's the best way to save bookmarks and/or the last page opened?
For example, I'm still trying to save bookmarks, but it seems that, if I am at the bottom of the page, it won't save as the last page opened.

Thanks for the support.

Bookmarks not saving properly 9 years 10 months ago #518

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I have been doing more tests, and it seems that there is a bug in the YACReaderLibrary <-> YACReader communication in the OSX version. I will try to fix it as soon as possible.

Bookmarks not saving properly 9 years 10 months ago #519

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Please, check this alpha release of the 7.1.0 version:

www.dropbox.com/s/ea5b7kqvb28825i/YACRea...pha-MacOSX-Intel.dmg

let me know if the issue is gone :)

EDIT: Please, be careful, is an alpha release, so it could be really unstable.
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Luis Ángel.

Bookmarks not saving properly 9 years 9 months ago #524

Juan_Apa

Fresh Boarder

I have been testing it out and reading various comics and it's working quite well, and there haven't been any crashes.

Thanks for all the support and I'll be waiting for the final release.
  • Page: