- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for MacOSX users.
Library crashes server - locations?
- dpeace
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
6 years 1 month ago #5351
by dpeace
Library crashes server - locations? was created by dpeace
Hi - very happy with the app and server.
However, today something happened while updating my library (on an iMac and a MBP). Completed OK, but now left or right clicking on the library in the server interface crashes the server app, so i can't remove it and rebuild.
I've hunted around Application Support &c but cannot find the library / metadata location. I've deleted the apps and the preference files, but reinstalling shows the old library with the same crashes.
Where can I find the library data, so I can delete it and rebuild? I see from the forums that this data is contained within a hidden folder on Windows, but can't find anything similar on macOS.
Many thanks,
Darren
However, today something happened while updating my library (on an iMac and a MBP). Completed OK, but now left or right clicking on the library in the server interface crashes the server app, so i can't remove it and rebuild.
I've hunted around Application Support &c but cannot find the library / metadata location. I've deleted the apps and the preference files, but reinstalling shows the old library with the same crashes.
Where can I find the library data, so I can delete it and rebuild? I see from the forums that this data is contained within a hidden folder on Windows, but can't find anything similar on macOS.
Many thanks,
Darren
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
6 years 1 month ago #5353
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Library crashes server - locations?
Sorry to hear that the server crashed on you. There are two different locations where the data is stored:
1. Hidden .yacreaderlibrary directory in the root directory of your library with covers and a sqlite database file inside, this is essentially is the library
2. Configuration is stored in a central location, on a Mac this should be somewhere under $HOME/Library/Preferences/, probably $HOME/Library/Preferences/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary but I don't have a Mac to check this
Once you found the config directory you can open YACReaderLibrary.ini and delete gibberish stuff after "LIBRARIES=" in the general section. That should allow you to start YACReaderLibrary again, but you need to readd all the libraries.
If the problem persists you need to recreate the library. For this you should rename the hidden directory with the library data so you have a backup and simply create it again. If possible it would be great if you could send us a copy of the corrupt metadata so we can do some bughunting.
1. Hidden .yacreaderlibrary directory in the root directory of your library with covers and a sqlite database file inside, this is essentially is the library
2. Configuration is stored in a central location, on a Mac this should be somewhere under $HOME/Library/Preferences/, probably $HOME/Library/Preferences/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary but I don't have a Mac to check this
Once you found the config directory you can open YACReaderLibrary.ini and delete gibberish stuff after "LIBRARIES=" in the general section. That should allow you to start YACReaderLibrary again, but you need to readd all the libraries.
If the problem persists you need to recreate the library. For this you should rename the hidden directory with the library data so you have a backup and simply create it again. If possible it would be great if you could send us a copy of the corrupt metadata so we can do some bughunting.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dpeace
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 1 month ago #5354
by dpeace
Replied by dpeace on topic Library crashes server - locations?
Many thanks for this! I kept investigating, and blitzed the .yacreaderlibrary folder at the root of my library, so I'm afraid I can't send it on, but I certainly will if the issue recurs.
All working now after a three-hour rescan.
All working now after a three-hour rescan.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel