- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for MacOSX users.
Are YAC Reader / Server compatible with Apple M1
- CHC
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
5 years 4 months ago #5995
by CHC
Are YAC Reader / Server compatible with Apple M1 was created by CHC
Hi Everyone,
My 2016 MBP13 died yesterday evening.
I am now considering replace it by an MBA M1.
Do YACReader and YACReaderLibrary work on M1 ? With Rosetta ?
If not, is it planned ?
As I already have a headless server on an old MBP13 running Ubuntu, then I will still be able to read my comics on my iPad ; there is no real issue if it doesn't, but I'd prefer it does, I sometimes read on my mac also
Thanks a lot by advance,
CHC
My 2016 MBP13 died yesterday evening.
I am now considering replace it by an MBA M1.
Do YACReader and YACReaderLibrary work on M1 ? With Rosetta ?
If not, is it planned ?
As I already have a headless server on an old MBP13 running Ubuntu, then I will still be able to read my comics on my iPad ; there is no real issue if it doesn't, but I'd prefer it does, I sometimes read on my mac also
Thanks a lot by advance,
CHC
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
5 years 4 months ago #5996
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Are YAC Reader / Server compatible with Apple M1
We don't have M1 hardware to test it ourselves yet, but according to user reports it works. Official releases should run with Rosetta, but you could also build a native version running on M1.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- starwarsmags
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
- From the sequels to the prequels...
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 3 months ago #6094
by starwarsmags
Replied by starwarsmags on topic Are YAC Reader / Server compatible with Apple M1
I have the exact same wish! I DO HAVE a new Mac Mini and I would love to run YAC Reader native on M1! Unfortunately I´m not able to compile anything - just a skilled user... Maybe you can make a M1 version available for testing - I´m happy to beta test and report feedback!
I´m sure I´m not the only one wanting a M1 YAC Reader. - please consider!
I´m sure I´m not the only one wanting a M1 YAC Reader. - please consider!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
5 years 3 months ago #6095
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Are YAC Reader / Server compatible with Apple M1
There is nothing to consider
an M1 version needs to happen, it is a matter of having the binaries for all the dependencies and crosscompile YACReader for M1 in Azure Pipelines, ideally having a single universal package…
I didn’t have time to do it, and I don’t have M1 hardware yet, so I am hopping for a pull request
I didn’t have time to do it, and I don’t have M1 hardware yet, so I am hopping for a pull request
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- starwarsmags
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
- From the sequels to the prequels...
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 3 months ago #6108
by starwarsmags
Replied by starwarsmags on topic Are YAC Reader / Server compatible with Apple M1
Luis, thanks for your explanations! I can wait - well I can't - but I have to 
Should the iOS / iPadOS version not simply run ? Why does it not show up in the Appstore ?
Should the iOS / iPadOS version not simply run ? Why does it not show up in the Appstore ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel