- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for MacOSX users.
Setting location of YACReader in YACReaderLibrary
- quasi
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #6239
by quasi
Setting location of YACReader in YACReaderLibrary was created by quasi
Hi,
I use an intel Macbook pro with macOs 11.
Inside my Applications folder I have created a Viewers folder. I then copied YACReader and YACReaderLibrary in that folder. Both work well. From anywhere in Finder comics can be opened with YACReader. And YACReaderLibrary is detecting well all my comic folders.
The problem is when I try to read a comic from within YACReaderLibrary. Then I get the message: "YACReader not found. There might be a problem with your YACReader installation." How can I tell YACReaderLibrary the location of YACReader? They're actually in the same folder.
Thank you!
I use an intel Macbook pro with macOs 11.
Inside my Applications folder I have created a Viewers folder. I then copied YACReader and YACReaderLibrary in that folder. Both work well. From anywhere in Finder comics can be opened with YACReader. And YACReaderLibrary is detecting well all my comic folders.
The problem is when I try to read a comic from within YACReaderLibrary. Then I get the message: "YACReader not found. There might be a problem with your YACReader installation." How can I tell YACReaderLibrary the location of YACReader? They're actually in the same folder.
Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlbertB
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
5 years 2 weeks ago #6240
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Setting location of YACReader in YACReaderLibrary
macos moves to a random folder the apps when they are running to avoid them access resources based on relative paths outside their own package, so YACReaderLibrary can’t find YACReader next to it and it looks for it in the Applications folder.
There is no workaround so far, I will try to add a setting for this in future releases.
There is no workaround so far, I will try to add a setting for this in future releases.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: quasi
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- quasi
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 1
4 years 11 months ago #6319
by quasi
Replied by quasi on topic Setting location of YACReader in YACReaderLibrary
Ok thanks, I will keep an eye open for this feature.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- quasi
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 1
3 years 10 months ago #7232
by quasi
Replied by quasi on topic Setting location of YACReader in YACReaderLibrary
The feature works smoothly now. Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel