Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Change location of library.ydb?

Change location of library.ydb? 1 year 4 months ago #7270

defaultdotxbe

Fresh Boarder

Is there a way to change the location where YACReaderLibrary stores the library.db file (and other library metadata) rather than the same folder as the library?

Also, is there a way to set the library to automatically scan for updates?

Lastly, I can't seem to figure out how to connect YACReader (on MacOS) to a YACReaderLibrary on another PC, I can connect fine from iOS, is it possible to connect from another Mac?

BTW, I've only been using YACReader on my iPad for a few days and I love it so far, I was hesitant to pay for a program without knowing if it would do everything I wanted, but this was a gamble and win :) Thanks for a great app, I hadn't even considered I could stream my library from Mac without needing to load everything to the iPad.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Change location of library.ydb? 1 year 4 months ago #7274

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

1) No, the idea of having the metadata in the same folder is to have self contained libraries.

2) Not yet, at least not directly, some users use yacreaderlibraryserver (the command line server) to run updates periodically. I will add automatic updates in the future.

3) You just need to share the folder where your comics are over your network and then mount it in the machine you want. After this you can open your library in YACReaderLibrary and read as if the comics where locally.

Thanks for purchasing YACReader!
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The administrator has disabled public write access.