- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for MacOSX users.
Change location of library.ydb?
- defaultdotxbe
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
3 years 10 months ago #7270
by defaultdotxbe
Change location of library.ydb? was created by defaultdotxbe
Is there a way to change the location where YACReaderLibrary stores the library.db file (and other library metadata) rather than the same folder as the library?
Also, is there a way to set the library to automatically scan for updates?
Lastly, I can't seem to figure out how to connect YACReader (on MacOS) to a YACReaderLibrary on another PC, I can connect fine from iOS, is it possible to connect from another Mac?
BTW, I've only been using YACReader on my iPad for a few days and I love it so far, I was hesitant to pay for a program without knowing if it would do everything I wanted, but this was a gamble and win
Thanks for a great app, I hadn't even considered I could stream my library from Mac without needing to load everything to the iPad.
Also, is there a way to set the library to automatically scan for updates?
Lastly, I can't seem to figure out how to connect YACReader (on MacOS) to a YACReaderLibrary on another PC, I can connect fine from iOS, is it possible to connect from another Mac?
BTW, I've only been using YACReader on my iPad for a few days and I love it so far, I was hesitant to pay for a program without knowing if it would do everything I wanted, but this was a gamble and win
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 10 months ago #7274
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Change location of library.ydb?
1) No, the idea of having the metadata in the same folder is to have self contained libraries.
2) Not yet, at least not directly, some users use yacreaderlibraryserver (the command line server) to run updates periodically. I will add automatic updates in the future.
3) You just need to share the folder where your comics are over your network and then mount it in the machine you want. After this you can open your library in YACReaderLibrary and read as if the comics where locally.
Thanks for purchasing YACReader!
2) Not yet, at least not directly, some users use yacreaderlibraryserver (the command line server) to run updates periodically. I will add automatic updates in the future.
3) You just need to share the folder where your comics are over your network and then mount it in the machine you want. After this you can open your library in YACReaderLibrary and read as if the comics where locally.
Thanks for purchasing YACReader!
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel