- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for MacOSX users.
Order
- giovannifracasso
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
11 years 11 months ago #826
by giovannifracasso
Order was created by giovannifracasso
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 11 months ago #827
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Order
Hi,
comics are automatically sorted by name and number. The current version has no other sorting options.
comics are automatically sorted by name and number. The current version has no other sorting options.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- giovannifracasso
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #830
by giovannifracasso
Replied by giovannifracasso on topic Order
ok. if the sorting will be aviable on ipad/iphone i will happy
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 11 months ago #832
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Order
Better sorting support is coming in future versions.
Are you adding all your comics in a single folder? You can create subfolders in your hard drive and YACReaderLibrary will add them to your library after updating.
Are you adding all your comics in a single folder? You can create subfolders in your hard drive and YACReaderLibrary will add them to your library after updating.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ThisbigBLACK
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #1673
by ThisbigBLACK
Replied by ThisbigBLACK on topic Order
I'd like to add to the sorting suggestions. I know tier not coming tomorrow.
Sorting by each column would be helpful. Also, the ability to show/hide other column would be helpful. (This is the one reason I keep going back and visiting a certain other abandoned Mac comic library manager.)
Keep up the good work! I love that you're engaged and trying to make the program better.
Sorting by each column would be helpful. Also, the ability to show/hide other column would be helpful. (This is the one reason I keep going back and visiting a certain other abandoned Mac comic library manager.)
Keep up the good work! I love that you're engaged and trying to make the program better.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
11 years 2 months ago #1674
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Order
Hi,
as "the other guy working on YACReader" the sort stuff is pretty high on my priority list. The problem is that the implementation of this feature isn't trivial at all. It's nested so deep in the code that any change we make to the current code inflicts lots of other places. I have tried a few times to "hack column sorting in", but the result wasn't very pretty. Lot's of crashes, to much problems I would have to work around. So I gave up on finding an easy solution. My long term plan for this feature is to take the underlying logic and replace it with something that is better suited for the task. As this is a big change it will require lots of careful planning and testing, so it probably wont be ready soon (and even if I think it's ready it still has to pass Luis inspection). Also, we're mostly busy trying to cope with the problems Qt is throwing at us on three seperate platforms these days...
Regards,
selmf
as "the other guy working on YACReader" the sort stuff is pretty high on my priority list. The problem is that the implementation of this feature isn't trivial at all. It's nested so deep in the code that any change we make to the current code inflicts lots of other places. I have tried a few times to "hack column sorting in", but the result wasn't very pretty. Lot's of crashes, to much problems I would have to work around. So I gave up on finding an easy solution. My long term plan for this feature is to take the underlying logic and replace it with something that is better suited for the task. As this is a big change it will require lots of careful planning and testing, so it probably wont be ready soon (and even if I think it's ready it still has to pass Luis inspection). Also, we're mostly busy trying to cope with the problems Qt is throwing at us on three seperate platforms these days...
Regards,
selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anticubicle, Alvarinhu
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ThisbigBLACK
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #1675
by ThisbigBLACK
Replied by ThisbigBLACK on topic Order
Selmf, I'm happy to hear it's a priority, but it sucks that it's so difficult. I wish you and Luis the best.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Alvarinhu
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 10 months ago #5509
by Alvarinhu
Replied by Alvarinhu on topic Order
Hi selmf,
This topic has more than 6 years and the last reply was yours, five years ago. I use YACReader for at least 6 years I think. Since I started I ask myself about a way to order my reading list by release date, after all, I import the comics info from ComicVine. There is a prediction about this subject? Are you managing to find a way, is there a light at the end of the tunnel, or have you given up on the mission?
Anyway, thanks for the excellent work
)))))))))))))
This topic has more than 6 years and the last reply was yours, five years ago. I use YACReader for at least 6 years I think. Since I started I ask myself about a way to order my reading list by release date, after all, I import the comics info from ComicVine. There is a prediction about this subject? Are you managing to find a way, is there a light at the end of the tunnel, or have you given up on the mission?
Anyway, thanks for the excellent work
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #5510
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Order
Well … I haven't been working on that particular feature lately, but there is *some* light at the end of the tunnel. We are slowly making progress at refactoring and cleaning up YACReader's codebase and we're using continuous integration, which helps a lot in pushing changes faster.
As we're currently facing some major changes in the Qt toolkit that are forcing us to rewrite some of our code and Mac OS X will likely remove some technologies we rely on in the near future, we are more likely to finally touch this problem and fix it for good.
[strike]If you want, you can add this issue to our Github issue tracker ( github.com/YACReader/yacreader/issues ) and if Luis agrees I can add it to the YACReader 10 milestone. While this does not mean it will happen in the next release (we likely have a few more 9 series releases ahead) it means it will be easier for us to keep this on the radar and potential code contributors also can see it more easily.[/strike]
Edit: Disregard the paragraph above, I just realized we already have the issue recorded here: github.com/YACReader/yacreader/issues/146
As we're currently facing some major changes in the Qt toolkit that are forcing us to rewrite some of our code and Mac OS X will likely remove some technologies we rely on in the near future, we are more likely to finally touch this problem and fix it for good.
[strike]If you want, you can add this issue to our Github issue tracker ( github.com/YACReader/yacreader/issues ) and if Luis agrees I can add it to the YACReader 10 milestone. While this does not mean it will happen in the next release (we likely have a few more 9 series releases ahead) it means it will be easier for us to keep this on the radar and potential code contributors also can see it more easily.[/strike]
Edit: Disregard the paragraph above, I just realized we already have the issue recorded here: github.com/YACReader/yacreader/issues/146
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by selmf.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel