Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for MacOSX users.

Best practices for multiple Libraries?

  • JManga
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
2 years 8 months ago #8120 by JManga
Hi everyone, I have 1500+ Manga volumes I'm trying to manage and thought I should create a Library structure like: Manga A-B, Manga C-D, and so on. However, I started getting a popup saying that i am "adding too many libraries". I'm curious if this structure is not a good idea and if so, why not? Having clumps of 100ish Manga per Library makes things easy to navigate but I'm not sure if I'm missing something. Obviously, having everything in one library will help with creating Reading Lists and such, but the trade off was having to wait to Update the library every time I add some new content.

What are some best practices?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #8121 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Best practices for multiple Libraries?
If you have all your files in a single hard drive you only need a single library in the root folder where you have everything. You can have any folder structure you want and YACReaderLibrary will scan and replicate it so you can browse it using the left navigation panel.

In your case:

MyManga
A-B
C-D
E-F
(the library goes in MyManga)

Or you can just use a subfolder per series, which is what I normally do.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!