- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for MacOSX users.
Current page & bookmarks not saving (v9.13.1)
- hela
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
2 years 8 months ago #8142
by hela
Current page & bookmarks not saving (v9.13.1) was created by hela
Hello, I'm using YACReader and YACReaderLibrary v9.13.1 in my MacBook Pro M1 with Sonoma 14.2.1.
Issue 1 - Bookmarks not saving properly:
The issue I have with YACReader is that it doesn't save my bookmarks properly, every time I close YACReader, without closing YACReaderLibrary, and then open the same comic again, the bookmarks are gone (the same is happening closing YACReaderLibrary as well).
The bookmarks works if I don't close YACReader, if I just create a bookmark, then I can find it in the bookmarks popup.
Steps:
- Open comic
- Go to random page
- Create bookmark
- Validate that the bookmark created correctly.
- Close YACReader (with or without closing YACReaderLibrary as well)
- Open comic
- Open bookmark popup, see missing bookmark.
Issue 2 - Current page progress not saving properly:
I'm having an issue with my current page progress. It's not saving the progress of the comic. When I open the comic I was reading, it starts again at the beginning.
Steps:
- Open comic
- Go to random page
- Close YACReader (with or without closing YACReaderLibrary as well)
- Open comic
- See that it starts again at the begging.
Is there something I'm doing wrong, or some configuration or feature I need to activate in order for this to work ?
Things I tried but didn't work:
- Deleting the cache.
- Reinstalling the app.
Thanks
Issue 1 - Bookmarks not saving properly:
The issue I have with YACReader is that it doesn't save my bookmarks properly, every time I close YACReader, without closing YACReaderLibrary, and then open the same comic again, the bookmarks are gone (the same is happening closing YACReaderLibrary as well).
The bookmarks works if I don't close YACReader, if I just create a bookmark, then I can find it in the bookmarks popup.
Steps:
- Open comic
- Go to random page
- Create bookmark
- Validate that the bookmark created correctly.
- Close YACReader (with or without closing YACReaderLibrary as well)
- Open comic
- Open bookmark popup, see missing bookmark.
Issue 2 - Current page progress not saving properly:
I'm having an issue with my current page progress. It's not saving the progress of the comic. When I open the comic I was reading, it starts again at the beginning.
Steps:
- Open comic
- Go to random page
- Close YACReader (with or without closing YACReaderLibrary as well)
- Open comic
- See that it starts again at the begging.
Is there something I'm doing wrong, or some configuration or feature I need to activate in order for this to work ?
Things I tried but didn't work:
- Deleting the cache.
- Reinstalling the app.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 8 months ago #8144
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Current page & bookmarks not saving (v9.13.1)
I did a quick test here and it is working for me.
I assume that you are opening your comics from YACReaderLibrary, right?
I assume that you are opening your comics from YACReaderLibrary, right?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- hela
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 8 months ago #8145
by hela
Replied by hela on topic Current page & bookmarks not saving (v9.13.1)
Yes! I'm opening the comics from YACReaderLibrary
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 8 months ago #8146
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Current page & bookmarks not saving (v9.13.1)
where are the apps installed? where do you have your comics stored? if you edit the metadata of a comic in YACReaderLibrary are the changes kept?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 8 months ago #8147
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Current page & bookmarks not saving (v9.13.1)
may I ask how many comics do you have in the folder you are opening comics from?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- hela
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 8 months ago #8148
by hela
Replied by hela on topic Current page & bookmarks not saving (v9.13.1)
The apps are in the "Applications" folder. The one that appears when running the .dmg file to drag&drop the files in the installation process.
Something like 900-1000 comics maybe, I'm not sure how many I have in total, this folder has a lot of subfolders with other subfolders, etc..
The comics are stored in /users/<<username>>/MEGA/Comics/Marvel Comics. The folder MEGA is being synced with Mega.nz and I sync that folder with other PCs.
If I edit the metadata of a comic in my YACReaderLibrary, the changes are kept. If I close the app and then open it again, I can still see the changes.
I re-created the library and now the bookmarks and the current page work again.
Thanks for the help! It's a shame because I lost all the progress of the comics I had but at least now it works again, the library must have been corrupted somehow, I'll keep using it and see if it happens again.
Something like 900-1000 comics maybe, I'm not sure how many I have in total, this folder has a lot of subfolders with other subfolders, etc..
The comics are stored in /users/<<username>>/MEGA/Comics/Marvel Comics. The folder MEGA is being synced with Mega.nz and I sync that folder with other PCs.
If I edit the metadata of a comic in my YACReaderLibrary, the changes are kept. If I close the app and then open it again, I can still see the changes.
I re-created the library and now the bookmarks and the current page work again.
Thanks for the help! It's a shame because I lost all the progress of the comics I had but at least now it works again, the library must have been corrupted somehow, I'll keep using it and see if it happens again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 8 months ago #8149
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Current page & bookmarks not saving (v9.13.1)
YACReaderLibrary sends a full list of all the comics from the current folder to YACReader, 1000 comics in a single folder should be ok. I need to optimize this because some people keep all their comics in the root folder and that can cause failures in the communication between YACReaderLibrary and YACReader.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel