Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Move YacReaderLibrary from one Mac to another Mac

Move YacReaderLibrary from one Mac to another Mac 3 months 3 weeks ago #8477

tylerknowsnothing

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

I have built my library on my Plex server which is an Intel Mac Mini with 10TB of external TB3 storage. I then installed the YRL app on my M1 Mac Mini and connect to the share on the Intel machine. I'd like to install YRL on my Intel machine to make the library local instead of over the network share, as the shares disconnect when I sleep my primary machine.

Do I simply install the app and point it to the library and change what my iPad app points to, or is there a more involved process? I've been searching for an answer, but haven't yet found one.

Thanks! - TKN
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Move YacReaderLibrary from one Mac to another Mac 3 months 3 weeks ago #8479

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 569

If you are going to switch the external storage from one machine to another that’s all you need to do. YACReaderLibrary creates a folder called .yacreaderlibrary in the root of your library, it contains all the library info, as long as everything gets moved together you’ll be fine.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: tylerknowsnothing

Move YacReaderLibrary from one Mac to another Mac 3 months 3 weeks ago #8480

tylerknowsnothing

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Thanks! That's not quite what I'm doing, but I understand the process now with your explanation. I'm just moving the app to the machine to which the storage is attached. So, I just need to open an existing library and point it to the right place after installation. Excellent :D