Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for MacOSX users.

Move YacReaderLibrary from one Mac to another Mac

  • tylerknowsnothing
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
2 years 4 months ago #8477 by tylerknowsnothing
Move YacReaderLibrary from one Mac to another Mac was created by tylerknowsnothing
I have built my library on my Plex server which is an Intel Mac Mini with 10TB of external TB3 storage. I then installed the YRL app on my M1 Mac Mini and connect to the share on the Intel machine. I'd like to install YRL on my Intel machine to make the library local instead of over the network share, as the shares disconnect when I sleep my primary machine.

Do I simply install the app and point it to the library and change what my iPad app points to, or is there a more involved process? I've been searching for an answer, but haven't yet found one.

Thanks! - TKN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #8479 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Move YacReaderLibrary from one Mac to another Mac
If you are going to switch the external storage from one machine to another that’s all you need to do. YACReaderLibrary creates a folder called .yacreaderlibrary in the root of your library, it contains all the library info, as long as everything gets moved together you’ll be fine.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: tylerknowsnothing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • tylerknowsnothing
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
2 years 4 months ago #8480 by tylerknowsnothing
Replied by tylerknowsnothing on topic Move YacReaderLibrary from one Mac to another Mac
Thanks! That's not quite what I'm doing, but I understand the process now with your explanation. I'm just moving the app to the machine to which the storage is attached. So, I just need to open an existing library and point it to the right place after installation. Excellent :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!