Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for MacOSX users.

Connecting To Remote Library when a NAS is used

  • markc1975
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
11 years 9 months ago #923 by markc1975
Connecting To Remote Library was created by markc1975
Hello,

I am new to YACReader, however I have tried many comic readers in the past and have a large collection of ecomics.

Anyway, when connecting to my Library via the iOS app, I get the error 'Server Not Found'.

I can browse my library locally on my Mac via Safari, and have disabled the firewall when connecting from the iPad. The app detects the IP Address OK by scanning the QR Code, and even picks up the name of my library.

At the top of the remote library screen I get the following message:

'HTTP/1.1 200 OK Connection: close Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Set-Cookie: sessionid={fea...}; Max-Age=86400; Path=/; Version=1'

I get this same error when trying the app on my iPhone as well. If I click 'Reload' it disappears, however it times out with the error 'Server Not Found'.

If it helps, all my ecomics are located on a NAS on my home network, not on my Mac. I have pointed YACReaderLibrary at my NAS folder in order to create the library. Should the comics be on my Mac instead?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #1006 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Connecting To Remote Library
Hi,

I totally missed your post, sorry for the late response.

You can use your NAS with YACReaderLibrary. Is your library created succesfully? I mean, can you browse it and see all your covers fine?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #1058 by jethoman
Replied by jethoman on topic Connecting To Remote Library
I have this same problem, and would love suggestions. I have in the mean time, just setup my NAS to backup my comic folder to an external hard drive weekly so I can use that to have my YAC Library serve from the usb hard drive. It works but it means that I have to have a usb hard drive hanging off my computer anytime I want to import comics to my ios app.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #1061 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Connecting To Remote Library
I suppose that for some reason YACReaderLibrary can't access to the NAS. As I asked before, are you able to browse the library in your NAS using YACReaderLibrary? I mean, can you see all the folders, covers, etc?

Did you try if this still happens with YACReader 8.0 beta ?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #1062 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Connecting To Remote Library
I really want to solve this NAS issue before the final 8.0 relase, but I am going to need some help for finding where the problem is.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #1070 by jethoman
Replied by jethoman on topic Connecting To Remote Library
Luis,

I did update to the YAC Library 8 beta. The issue persists. I can sometimes get the library to load up in my webbrowser on my computer, but the iPad/iPhone still just says server not found. The YAC Library seems to crash after a while of doing this. Not sure if that is related.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #1077 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Connecting To Remote Library
Could you tell me what NAS do you have and how are you accessing it from your MacOSX?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #1078 by jethoman
Replied by jethoman on topic Connecting To Remote Library
Sure thing, I am using a Netgear ReadyNas Duo, and I connect to the comicbook share by mounting the share as a volume.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #1079 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Connecting To Remote Library
I have set up a NAS in my network just for testing this issue. I am using Samba protocol and everything is working fine.

This is how I am connecting to the NAS:
  1. Finder->Go->Connect to Server...
  2. Server Address: smb://mynas/comics . '/comics' is a volume in my nas, if you don't specify any volumes, then MacOSX ask for selecting one.

Are you using AFP instead of SMB?

I really need to reproduce the problem for being able to fix it.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: jethoman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #1082 by jethoman
Replied by jethoman on topic Connecting To Remote Library
Hmm..I am using afp to connect let me try with smb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!