Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for MacOSX users.

YACReader Library Not Scanning Folders on Mac

More
1 year 9 months ago #9152 by halil
I'm using YACReader without any issues. Recently, I bought it on my phone as well, and I am trying to run the YACReader library from my computer to access my comics. The folder structure I have is as follows:

Comics/
-- Comic1/
---- chapter1_01.jpg
---- chapter1_02.jpg
---- chapter1_03.jpg
-- Comic2/
---- chapter1_01.jpg
---- chapter1_02.jpg
---- chapter1_03.jpg

However, no matter what I do, I can't get it to scan the folders and comics. When I click on 'Library update,' the 'reloading page' message only appears briefly and then disappears. I can see the changes on the disk when I add or delete folders through the interface, but it doesn't add the folders I created. Also, sometimes all the buttons in the UI become completely disabled. I completely deleted the library support folder and reopened it, but nothing changed. Additionally, I don't see any logs in the log file.

Also, the folder is not on a NAS; it’s directly in the from my disk. I also tried giving full disk access from the privacy settings, but nothing changed.

Mac information: Apple M2, macOS Ventura
YACReaderLibrary: YACReader-9.14.2.2402143.MacOSX-Intel.Qt5 && YACReader-9.14.2.2402143.MacOSX-U.Qt6 (I tried both versions).

Do you have any ideas on how to debug this issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #9153 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader Library Not Scanning Folders on Mac
Those are not comic files, they are just folders with images. If you zip Comic1 and Comic2 the library will add them as comics.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: halil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #9157 by halil
Thank you very much, its worked for all my comics except one. Its page order totally wrong and there is no pattern. It has alsoo same filenames like chapter01_001.jpg, chapter01_002.jpg etc. Do you have any idea why is it happening ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #9158 by halil
when I open folder directly from reader, everything is fine. But when I open from zip file, page order totally messed up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #9159 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader Library Not Scanning Folders on Mac
can you send me the file please?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!