- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for MacOSX users.
YACReader Sync Issue – Progress Not Updating OSX
- BrockLeigh
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
1 year 7 months ago #9347
by BrockLeigh
YACReader Sync Issue – Progress Not Updating OSX was created by BrockLeigh
Hey everyone, long-time user, first-time poster here. I read all my comics on my iPad, but I’ve never been able to get my reading progress to sync back to my library on my Mac. I gave up on it a while ago, but I’d like to give it another shot. I have no issues importing comics using the YACReaderLibrary option.
Here’s my setup:
Both devices are on the same network
Firewall is disabled on my Mac
Both devices are fully updated
macOS 14.5
YACReader and YACReaderLibrary are on the latest release
When I press the "Sync Progress" button, a window briefly pops up with the message: "Please wait, sending data to the server." However, it disappears almost instantly—barely long enough to read.
Any ideas on what might be going wrong? Thanks in advance!
Here’s my setup:
Both devices are on the same network
Firewall is disabled on my Mac
Both devices are fully updated
macOS 14.5
YACReader and YACReaderLibrary are on the latest release
When I press the "Sync Progress" button, a window briefly pops up with the message: "Please wait, sending data to the server." However, it disappears almost instantly—barely long enough to read.
Any ideas on what might be going wrong? Thanks in advance!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 7 months ago #9355
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader Sync Issue – Progress Not Updating OSX
If you open a comic remotely (without importing it) does the progress sync to YACReaderLibrary?
Open a comic, move to any page, close it, and then check YACReaderLibrary.
Open a comic, move to any page, close it, and then check YACReaderLibrary.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- BrockLeigh
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
1 year 6 months ago #9372
by BrockLeigh
Replied by BrockLeigh on topic YACReader Sync Issue – Progress Not Updating OSX
Hi Luis, thanks for responding. Why yes! It did sync back with that method. Is there something else ou would like me to try?
Best,
BrockLeigh
Best,
BrockLeigh
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 6 months ago #9373
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader Sync Issue – Progress Not Updating OSX
Did the server data change since you imported the comics? The app tries to send the progress use a couple of approaches, but it could be failing to identify the right server/library.
Try opening a comic from the remote browser again (move a couple of pages away), after that close it, check that it updated the progress, then import the comic, do the same in the local library and then check if that comic in particular can sync.
Try opening a comic from the remote browser again (move a couple of pages away), after that close it, check that it updated the progress, then import the comic, do the same in the local library and then check if that comic in particular can sync.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- BrockLeigh
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
1 year 6 months ago #9374
by BrockLeigh
Replied by BrockLeigh on topic YACReader Sync Issue – Progress Not Updating OSX
It’s possible the server has changed over the years, but I’m not sure.
I was able to get a sync with the one comic I tested using your method. After following your steps, I could see progress updates when using the sync progress button on the main import page on m iPad. However, when I tried the same with another comic—without first using the remote browser method—it didn’t sync the data.
I was able to get a sync with the one comic I tested using your method. After following your steps, I could see progress updates when using the sync progress button on the main import page on m iPad. However, when I tried the same with another comic—without first using the remote browser method—it didn’t sync the data.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 6 months ago #9379
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader Sync Issue – Progress Not Updating OSX
I tested sync just in case and it's working as expected here.
Right now I can't think about anything that could be causing your problem.
Just make sure your library is properly updated.
The app also tries to sync with the server when you open it, the idea is having automatic sync without having to tap the sync button all the time.
One thing you can test is to create a small test library and see if sync works as expected with it, maybe there is some corruption in the database of your library and it causing writes to fail,
Right now I can't think about anything that could be causing your problem.
Just make sure your library is properly updated.
The app also tries to sync with the server when you open it, the idea is having automatic sync without having to tap the sync button all the time.
One thing you can test is to create a small test library and see if sync works as expected with it, maybe there is some corruption in the database of your library and it causing writes to fail,
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel