- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for MacOSX users.
Library app duplicates the reading issue
- alex_comix
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #10069
by alex_comix
Library app duplicates the reading issue was created by alex_comix
Hello,
First, thank you for the amazing suit of apps, and especially for the recent update with the dark theme support! Beautiful.
Some time ago I created a new library of comics on a new external HDD, and it was working great. But after some time the library app started showing duplicates for each issue that showed in a reading list (the default list). The file itself isn't duplicated, it's just the visual doppelganger in the app, for some reason.
Here's the screenshot:
take.ms/JcEhX
So if I mark one of the 2 duplicated issues as unread, this removes both issues. So there's no way to remove just one duplicate.
I'm on Macbook, macos Tahoe 26.4.1, the freshest version of your suit (but the bug happened on the previous version, and it transferred to this new version, sadly).
Can you help me with fixing this bug?
First, thank you for the amazing suit of apps, and especially for the recent update with the dark theme support! Beautiful.
Some time ago I created a new library of comics on a new external HDD, and it was working great. But after some time the library app started showing duplicates for each issue that showed in a reading list (the default list). The file itself isn't duplicated, it's just the visual doppelganger in the app, for some reason.
Here's the screenshot:
take.ms/JcEhX
So if I mark one of the 2 duplicated issues as unread, this removes both issues. So there's no way to remove just one duplicate.
I'm on Macbook, macos Tahoe 26.4.1, the freshest version of your suit (but the bug happened on the previous version, and it transferred to this new version, sadly).
Can you help me with fixing this bug?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 months 3 weeks ago #10070
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Library app duplicates the reading issue
Hmmm, are you 100% sure the issue is not duplicated? If you use the search engine does it appear twice? I guess I can remove duplicates from the reading list but I'd like to understand first why this is happening.]
Inside your library root folder there is a hidden folder called .yacreaderlibrary, it contains a database file inside library.ydb, can you send it to me by email please? You can find the email in the contact section of this web.
Inside your library root folder there is a hidden folder called .yacreaderlibrary, it contains a database file inside library.ydb, can you send it to me by email please? You can find the email in the contact section of this web.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- alex_comix
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
4 months 3 weeks ago #10071
by alex_comix
Replied by alex_comix on topic Library app duplicates the reading issue
Thanks for such a quick response!
Yes, I'm sure it's not the duplicated file, if that's what you mean. Here's the screenshot of the folder I access through 'Open the containing folder' context command in the library app: take.ms/zxbfR
You can see the first Aliens comic highlighted here, the same one that is showing twice in the reading list in my previous screenshot.
I do have a backup of this folder, as I found right now, but it's in entirely different folder, though on the same external HDD. And as I understand, it shouldn't be included in the library in any way, since I have my library set up for the entirely different folder.
Here's my library folder: '/Volumes/Treasure Trove/Comix Zone/'
Here's the backup folder: '/Volumes/Treasure Trove/00_Бэкап SiliconePower 2Tb/Comics'
And I found the hidden file you mention, and am sending you it via an email.
Thank you for helping out!
Yes, I'm sure it's not the duplicated file, if that's what you mean. Here's the screenshot of the folder I access through 'Open the containing folder' context command in the library app: take.ms/zxbfR
You can see the first Aliens comic highlighted here, the same one that is showing twice in the reading list in my previous screenshot.
I do have a backup of this folder, as I found right now, but it's in entirely different folder, though on the same external HDD. And as I understand, it shouldn't be included in the library in any way, since I have my library set up for the entirely different folder.
Here's my library folder: '/Volumes/Treasure Trove/Comix Zone/'
Here's the backup folder: '/Volumes/Treasure Trove/00_Бэкап SiliconePower 2Tb/Comics'
And I found the hidden file you mention, and am sending you it via an email.
Thank you for helping out!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 months 3 weeks ago #10072
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Library app duplicates the reading issue
The actual issue was that the library contained duplicates.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel