- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for MacOSX users.
How can I set the server port FOREVER?
- jonatt
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
3 months 1 week ago #10120
by jonatt
How can I set the server port FOREVER? was created by jonatt
Hi,
sometimes when I try to connect from my iPad to my server on my Mac, YACreader can't find the server. I have to go to the Mac (in another room), open the server, check the port in "Server connectivity information" and change the port in the iPad reader.
Is there a way to set the port so that it doesn't EVER change?
In "Server connectivity information" on the Mac, under “Choose an IP address" I have set my Mac IP (it's fixed, never changes) and I can write every number in the Port field, and click on "set port", but after a while (next day? some days? I don't know, because I don't use the server every day) it changes the port.
I'd like to be able to set the Port and forget about it.
Hope you can help.
sometimes when I try to connect from my iPad to my server on my Mac, YACreader can't find the server. I have to go to the Mac (in another room), open the server, check the port in "Server connectivity information" and change the port in the iPad reader.
Is there a way to set the port so that it doesn't EVER change?
In "Server connectivity information" on the Mac, under “Choose an IP address" I have set my Mac IP (it's fixed, never changes) and I can write every number in the Port field, and click on "set port", but after a while (next day? some days? I don't know, because I don't use the server every day) it changes the port.
I'd like to be able to set the Port and forget about it.
Hope you can help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 months 1 week ago #10121
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic How can I set the server port FOREVER?
When the server starts it tries to use the configured port, if it can’t (normally because it’s being used) it picks another one. I don’t know what’s causing it in your case because it looks like the server is trying to bind at a port that it previously used and it’s still in use which is weird because only one server can run at a time.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 months 1 week ago #10123
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic How can I set the server port FOREVER?
So instead of using the new port every time, set one yourself, 9120 for example, and check if it's less likely to change.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel