Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Syncing YACReaderLibrary to multiple Mac computers

Syncing YACReaderLibrary to multiple Mac computers 8 years 7 months ago #1739

anticubicle

Fresh Boarder

Hi, just purchased the YACReader iOS app and downloaded the library and reader for OS X. Everything is working fine so far. Now that I have all of my .cbr files saved to Dropbox, how can I sync up my Library across multiple computers? I'd like to have my library on my Macbook, my iMac and my iOS device. Is this possible?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Syncing YACReaderLibrary to multiple Mac computers 8 years 7 months ago #1740

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Welcome to the forum anticubicle,

Dropbox is just an option for importing comics in the iOS app.

If you use YACReaderLibrary, the basic idea is that you can read remotely your comics without importing them when you are in home. Or, you can import, read when you are on the go and sync back your reading progress back in home.

If you have your all your comics in Dropbox, you can have your two computers synchronized using Dropbox, juste create a library in your comics folders (the one you have in Dropbox) and then add the same library to YACReaderLibrary in the other computer.

Another approach for having your library in your Macbook and your iMac (if you don't want to have everything replicated), is to keep all your comics in one of them, and create a shared folder. Then you can use this shared folder in the other Mac for adding there a library in YACReaderLibrary.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: anticubicle

Syncing YACReaderLibrary to multiple Mac computers 8 years 7 months ago #1744

anticubicle

Fresh Boarder

Luis,

How do I add the library to YACReaderLibrary in the other computer? I found a hidden file that YACLibrary placed in my Dropbox folder but I can't seem to do anything with it.

Syncing YACReaderLibrary to multiple Mac computers 8 years 7 months ago #1745

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Just use the button in the top part of the left side bar. You should see LIBRARIES and a couple of buttons, use the second one.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Syncing YACReaderLibrary to multiple Mac computers 8 years 3 weeks ago #2224

NullMind

Fresh Boarder

Not to start another thread, is there a way I can do with another Mac the same I can with my iPad .. that is, to access another library via IP and read the comics remotely ?

Syncing YACReaderLibrary to multiple Mac computers 8 years 3 weeks ago #2225

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Hi,

no, you can't access via IP to the comics in other MAC. The only solution is having a shared folder in your network and use YACReaderLibrary in each Mac for adding the existing library in that folder.

Syncing YACReaderLibrary to multiple Mac computers 8 years 3 weeks ago #2231

NullMind

Fresh Boarder

Thanks, I tried that, and does work, but since my Library is so massive, the YACReaderLibrary keeps crashing when I am trying to access large directories on the remote Library

The iPad for example has no problem, and I'm using it over public IP to connect back to the main Lib .. wold be a great addition if we had similar way to do it on the OSX App :)

Syncing YACReaderLibrary to multiple Mac computers 8 years 3 weeks ago #2234

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Hmmm, those crashes, sorry :(

I have to find why it crashes in OSX, seems to be more stable in Windows.