Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: 'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error

'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error 8 years 7 months ago #1763

tGriggs

Fresh Boarder

Hello...taking the Reader and Library for a spin. My initial impression has been good--well thought out interface and features--but I'm running into a blocking issue.

When I first tested adding and creating a library, double clicking in the ReaderLibrary correctly opened the reader. I continued updating my library and decided to stop to see how things were progressing about halfway through. Unfortunately, I can no longer go from the ReaderLibrary to the Reader. I get this 'Unable to connect to YASReaderLibrary' error from the Reader:

Is there a workaround for this? I'm using version 8.0.0 for OSX.

The library points to files on a remote volume (NAS). I can read the files correctly if I open directly from the Reader.

Also, is there information that details the way the library handles data? For instance, where is the library data stored?

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error 8 years 7 months ago #1764

tGriggs

Fresh Boarder

Hmmm...apparently img links don't work...

'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error 8 years 7 months ago #1767

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

The library data is stored in the folder where you created your library. There is a hidden folder named .yacreaderlibrary that contains all that YACReaderLibrary needs.

Can you create a sample library in your hard drive and test there YACReaderLibrary and YACReader? Just for discarting any issues related to the NAS.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error 8 years 7 months ago #1770

tGriggs

Fresh Boarder

A local test worked, but I found that a smaller remote test on the NAS worked as well.

Is there a cap on what would be considered a reasonable size for .yaslibrary reader folder and/or library.ydb file?

Edit: Seems like it is definitely size-related. Broke the library into smaller bite-sized chinks and it works. Not sure about the threshold.
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by tGriggs.

'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error 8 years 7 months ago #1778

Luis Ángel

Administrator

No, there is no limit in libraries size.

How are you mounting your NAS in your Mac?
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error 5 years 2 months ago #4442

thoom

Fresh Boarder

Hi,

I am getting this error on my large libraries 49K and 36k, but works fine on all smaller libraries. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error 5 years 2 months ago #4443

Luis Ángel

Administrator

thoom wrote:
Hi,

I am getting this error on my large libraries 49K and 36k, but works fine on all smaller libraries. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Open a terminal and browse to any of those large libraries, then do "cd .yacreaderlibrary", notice the file "library.ydb", zip it and send it to me, please.

'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error 5 years 2 months ago #4456

thoom

Fresh Boarder

Thanks, here is the file....
Attachments:

'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error 5 years 2 months ago #4467

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Hmmm, that library looks surprisingly small, it only has a bunch of folders and comics. I don't see those thousands of comics. Could it be that the library is corrupted? Did you try to recreate those large libraries?

'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error 4 years 6 days ago #5137

Chrostowski

Fresh Boarder

Having the same problems. I tried everything (even changed network infrastructure to a faster wifi) nothing worked wit my large library. but it does when I am on windows. so there is a "problem" with the Mac Version of the library. it is definitely not working as expected. I wouldn't blame apple for that. it is a different OS and as such it might need a dedicated approach to get YAC running properly.
I am posting this after 4 years of the initial post if I am not wrong. so this behavior is known for at least 4 years now and my feeling is that nothing has changed since. that's sad because YAC is such a great app in general. wish it would run on Mac the same smooth way as it does on Windows.
  • Page: