Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for MacOSX users.

'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error

  • tGriggs
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
11 years 1 month ago #1763 by tGriggs
Hello...taking the Reader and Library for a spin. My initial impression has been good--well thought out interface and features--but I'm running into a blocking issue.

When I first tested adding and creating a library, double clicking in the ReaderLibrary correctly opened the reader. I continued updating my library and decided to stop to see how things were progressing about halfway through. Unfortunately, I can no longer go from the ReaderLibrary to the Reader. I get this 'Unable to connect to YASReaderLibrary' error from the Reader:

[img]http://http://i.imgur.com/VEJhfvm.jpg[/img]

Is there a workaround for this? I'm using version 8.0.0 for OSX.

The library points to files on a remote volume (NAS). I can read the files correctly if I open directly from the Reader.

Also, is there information that details the way the library handles data? For instance, where is the library data stored?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • tGriggs
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
11 years 1 month ago #1764 by tGriggs
Replied by tGriggs on topic 'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error
Hmmm...apparently img links don't work...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #1767 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic 'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error
The library data is stored in the folder where you created your library. There is a hidden folder named .yacreaderlibrary that contains all that YACReaderLibrary needs.

Can you create a sample library in your hard drive and test there YACReaderLibrary and YACReader? Just for discarting any issues related to the NAS.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • tGriggs
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #1770 by tGriggs
Replied by tGriggs on topic 'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error
A local test worked, but I found that a smaller remote test on the NAS worked as well.

Is there a cap on what would be considered a reasonable size for .yaslibrary reader folder and/or library.ydb file?

Edit: Seems like it is definitely size-related. Broke the library into smaller bite-sized chinks and it works. Not sure about the threshold.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by tGriggs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #1778 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic 'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error
No, there is no limit in libraries size.

How are you mounting your NAS in your Mac?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4442 by thoom
Hi,

I am getting this error on my large libraries 49K and 36k, but works fine on all smaller libraries. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4443 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic 'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error

thoom wrote: Hi,

I am getting this error on my large libraries 49K and 36k, but works fine on all smaller libraries. Any thoughts?

Thanks!


Open a terminal and browse to any of those large libraries, then do "cd .yacreaderlibrary", notice the file "library.ydb", zip it and send it to me, please.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4456 by thoom
Thanks, here is the file....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4467 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic 'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error
Hmmm, that library looks surprisingly small, it only has a bunch of folders and comics. I don't see those thousands of comics. Could it be that the library is corrupted? Did you try to recreate those large libraries?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #5137 by Chrostowski
Replied by Chrostowski on topic 'Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary' error
Having the same problems. I tried everything (even changed network infrastructure to a faster wifi) nothing worked wit my large library. but it does when I am on windows. so there is a "problem" with the Mac Version of the library. it is definitely not working as expected. I wouldn't blame apple for that. it is a different OS and as such it might need a dedicated approach to get YAC running properly.
I am posting this after 4 years of the initial post if I am not wrong. so this behavior is known for at least 4 years now and my feeling is that nothing has changed since. that's sad because YAC is such a great app in general. wish it would run on Mac the same smooth way as it does on Windows.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!