Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for MacOSX users.

Export a Library and import it at another Mac?

  • Batsche
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
10 years 7 months ago #2164 by Batsche
Hi all,

at first I have to say I'm sorry for my bad english, but it's not my native language.

I have imported all my Comics in Yacreader Library. All my Comics are saved at my NAS so it took my about half the day until it was finished. Now it looks awesome and I can browse my Comics with Cover View, Ratings etc. - thats awesome.

Now my questions:
Can I export my library off my iMac that I can import it on my MacBook? And (if it works, (then I would spend money for YacReader on iOS and make it my new Comic Viewer) can I import the library with my personal marks and ratings on my iPad / iPhone?

I only can update/rename/delete my library or export/import Comic Infos but this doesn't help me when i want to add an existing library on my other device...

Is there a possibility that we can update our ratings, marks and other personal settings via iCloud on several devices (like I make my settings at my iMac and see them on my iPad)?

Ty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #2173 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Export a Library and import it at another Mac?
Welcome to the forum Batsche.

Your library is in your NAS, all the info in your imac is received through your local network.

If you whant to browse the library in your NAS from your MacBook you only have to install YACReaderLibrary in your MacBook and then just click the button "add existing library", then browse to your NAS and pick your comics folder, and that's all.

All the information is going to be synchronized between your computers because all the meta information used for YACReaderLibrary is already in your NAS.

If you create a library in a folder, f.e. "My Comics", YACReaderLibrary will create a hidden folder "My Comics/.yacreaderlibrary" there is where the app stores all the meta information about the library in "My Comics" folder.

BTW, if you can connect your NAS or your hard-drive using USB the creation/update of the library will be way faster.

Sync through iCloud is not supported yet, sorry.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!