Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for MacOSX users.

ComicVine tags for Comics NOT in the Same Series

  • essayhead
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
10 years 5 months ago #2280 by essayhead
Hi there! First off, thank you so much for creating the YACReader and the Library, it really is the best way to accurately organize and store digital comics :)

One issue I'm having is when I am importing a bunch of comics that are from all different series (such as weekly pulls). Since there currently isn't a way to sort all comics from when they are imported, what I do is put all the new comics in one temporary folder in my library called "z_Metadata," import the tags, then afterwards move the now-tagged comics to their correct series subfolders and update the library.

However, I've noticed a problem lately. I'll select a bunch of comics, then click the download tags button. I click "no" to the "are these all part of the same series" question, and then move forward to selecting the tags for the first comic. But once I've made my selection and select "Next," YACReaderLibrary then immediately crashes and I receive a Problem Report to send to Apple. I've just since been selecting comics one by one and updating the tags that way, but it's slow and tedious.

I don't have this problem when I bulk tag comics that are in the same series.

One thing I did notice is that when I try and bulk update comics, the ComicVine scraper will get the info based on that first comic's name (this is before I proceed and it crashes). However, if I just update comics one by one, it gives me the same random ComicVine list of unrelated titles, which means I have to press the "Back" button, add in the series title, which then gives me the correct comics to choose from (which adds to the lengthy update process).

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

YACReader 8.5.0
MacOSX 10.9.5
2012 MacBook Pro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #2303 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic ComicVine tags for Comics NOT in the Same Series
Thank you for reporting the bug.

The comic vine scraper needs a lot of work. I want to improve the UI/UX too.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!