- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for MacOSX users.
Tutorial on Naming Convention and Using Scraper?
- trevorknelson
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
10 years 5 months ago #2339
by trevorknelson
Tutorial on Naming Convention and Using Scraper? was created by trevorknelson
I've installed YACR and set up my library, but can't seem to get the Comic Vine Scraper to work correctly.
I'm not sure if it's an issue with YACR, how I'm naming my comics, or how I'me configuring the info to scrape.
Example:
Comic naming -
Folder: Marvel
Subfolder 1: The Avengers
Subfolder 2: Volume 1
File name: The Avengers 001.cbr
When I try to scrape, it opens a CV box with 14 pages of comic titles, none of which are The Avengers. There doesn't appear to be a way to force or direct a search in the CV scraper. Am I missing it?
When I edit my file, I set the Issue to 1, the volume to The Avengers. Same problem.
When I set all info to blank, same problem.
Any help would be appreciated.
Is there a specific file naming convention that works better (similar to how Plex looks at video)?
Is my folder structure correct?
Thanks.
I'm not sure if it's an issue with YACR, how I'm naming my comics, or how I'me configuring the info to scrape.
Example:
Comic naming -
Folder: Marvel
Subfolder 1: The Avengers
Subfolder 2: Volume 1
File name: The Avengers 001.cbr
When I try to scrape, it opens a CV box with 14 pages of comic titles, none of which are The Avengers. There doesn't appear to be a way to force or direct a search in the CV scraper. Am I missing it?
When I edit my file, I set the Issue to 1, the volume to The Avengers. Same problem.
When I set all info to blank, same problem.
Any help would be appreciated.
Is there a specific file naming convention that works better (similar to how Plex looks at video)?
Is my folder structure correct?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 5 months ago #2341
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Tutorial on Naming Convention and Using Scraper?
The default series name choose when the scrapper is used is the folder name, in your case "Volume 1". So it won't find anything useful.
Once you see the results retrieved automatically from CV you can click the back button and enter the appropriate name for searching, in this case "The Avengers" or "Avengers" should work. And yes, that back button is not intuitive at all, sorry
Once you see the results retrieved automatically from CV you can click the back button and enter the appropriate name for searching, in this case "The Avengers" or "Avengers" should work. And yes, that back button is not intuitive at all, sorry
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel