Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for MacOSX users.

A few bugs....

  • Batsche
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #2480 by Batsche
A few bugs.... was created by Batsche
Hi,

I finished syncing my comic collection from my nas with YAC Reader Library. Now, by using the Library I have a few bugs and crashes which I will report now. Yac Reader + Library runs at my iMac 2009 and my MacBookPro 2014. On both systems I have the same problems.

- Very often, when I try to open a Comic from the Library in the Reader he reports me an error that he couldn't open the comic book but the reader is open. When I press O and open the book directly in the reader, it works fine.

- When I look in my library from my iOS devices (iPad 3, iPhone 6s) the library on both, iMac and MBP crashes very often. It doesn't report an error message. Most of the time the library crashes, when I try to open a folder with very much files.

- On my MBP Retina, I can't click every library in my library list. There is a problem with the resolution I think. I set the resolution from auto to small at my MBP and then I could click the librarys.

- I already wrote it at another thread but for completness: The ratings aren't syncing (when I rate the comics at my iPhone or my iPad), only the reading status.

- On my iMac, when I press "Edit" on a comic file, the YAC Reader Library crashes immediately and always. Didn't tested it on my MBP

So I hope i can help a bit and that you can fix the bugs soon.

Some improvement ideas for YAC Library:
- Let the users set the size of the library tab, I only can set the tabs below (the folders).
- When I open a folder, which includes other folders and single comic files, please show the whole list in the main window, not only the comic files and the folders in the small tab left.
- My comic collection structure is like this: nas -> comics -> publisher -> serie -> files. At first I made a huge library with every folder in it, but it loads very long everytime when I tried to access it. Yesterday I made a library for every publisher. When I want to import the librarys now on another mac, I have to press Add existing library for every folder (and name it!). Maybe you can implent an option, that the librarys are saved in one file or maybe the structure for the librarys in one file - that I only press "Add existing Library" one time - not 50 times (or less, but very much times! :P)

And an improvement idea for YAC Reader iOS:
- Pls make a Split-Page view / double page view, when you tilt the iPad! It would be very awesome. I have some comic books where the double pages are not 1 file so I can't enjoy the complete picture in one screen

I hope you understood everything what I wrote, english is not my native language but I love YAC Reader (Library) and I hope you can improve that O:)
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Batsche.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #2481 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic A few bugs....
Libraries on NAS are causing some issues, I have to find time to fix that. I think the performance problem is not because the size of the single library you created but accessing it through the network.

Probably the best approach should be to have the library metadata locally and only access the NAS for updating the library and opening comics.

The problem clicking the libraries is because you are creating more libraries than you should. Most users only need a single library created in their "Comics" folder as you did initially. I am going to change this in the next release, I will set a limit for the number of libraries somehow, it is causing a lot of problems :(

Try to copy locally the hidden folder created in "nas -> comics": .yacreaderlibrary. Just put it in a folder, and then add that library to YACReaderLibrary, let me know how is the performance then.

BTW how big is your comics collection? (number of comics and size).

And yeah, double page mode, manga mode, better sync, etc. All those features are already in the TODO list so.....someday :)

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Batsche

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Batsche
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #2483 by Batsche
Replied by Batsche on topic A few bugs....
Hi Luis,

thanks for your fast answer.

My library is about 1,3 - 1,5 TB. Cant tell you how much files are in there. My structure looks like

Nas
- Comics
- Publisher
- Serie
- (for huge series like Batman f.e. I have a) extra folder
- Comic files

I was surprised yesterday evening, I deletet all library tabs at my iMac and made one huge library and it took 1-2 minutes and it was completed. Don't know why but I think it took the old exisiting library file (I guess I didn't delete it).

The problem is, and that is why I made a Library for every publisher, when I tried to open the huge library with my iPad, after 1-2 minutes I got an error that he can't browse the library. I guess he timed out. That is very annoying.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #2484 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic A few bugs....
Can you connect your NAS using USB to your computer? If you can, please, try to add the existing library againg (so the USB connection is used) and let me know if the timeout still happens.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Batsche
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #2486 by Batsche
Replied by Batsche on topic A few bugs....

Luis Ángel wrote: Can you connect your NAS using USB to your computer? If you can, please, try to add the existing library againg (so the USB connection is used) and let me know if the timeout still happens.


No, my NAS don't support USB connection with my computer. I only can connect my NAS with via ethernet.

I just orderd an ethernet cable and an ethernet to usb converter @ amazon so I have these two things tomorrow and can test it tomorrow evening.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Batsche
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #2494 by Batsche
Replied by Batsche on topic A few bugs....
So, as I promised, I'm back with new informations.

Yesterday I connected my NAS with my MBP and made 1 Library with over 1 TB comic files. I could see the Comics with my iPad and could download them. So, with a direct ethernet connection it works. When the NAS is connected with WLAN, YAC Reader timed out.

But
i thought the whole thing would be work much faster then it did. When I tried to open some folders with my iPad, he loaded a long time - sometimes I was afraid that I get a time out again. Expected it faster. Is it cause my iPad to MBP connection was with WLAN again or is the Library / the iOS Reader a bit slow?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #2501 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic A few bugs....
Hmmm, no it shouldn't be that slow. How many pages does the browser show?

In any case, next version of the iOS client is going to have a completely new remote browser, and it will come with an overhaul of the server, so all these problems should be gone by then.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Batsche
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #2513 by Batsche
Replied by Batsche on topic A few bugs....
So I have new bugs...

Wanted to transfer many comics from my NAS -> MacBook / iMac -> iTunes -> Yac Reader -> iPad with USB

I conntected my NAS with ethernet cable to my MBP & iMac and put some comic files from finder in iTunes. After that I wanted to transfer the comics to Yac Reader, opened the reader, pushed the transfer (USB) button and at first it looked to works fine, but after all comics should be transfered, yac reader gives my several error messages. Also, the programm only transfered a 4-5 from 20-30 files. Some files where broken also so that some sites aren't completed.

Had the problem with iMac and MacBook. No solution till now. Very sad, was looking for hours through my comic files to find some cool new pieces to read - and now - all is lost and I can start new or use another programm :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #2517 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic A few bugs....
Hmmm, could you send me some of those files? That is very weird.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!