Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Remote Library - Connection Error,

Remote Library - Connection Error, 6 years 9 months ago #3218

vasx

Fresh Boarder

I am so pissed off because I have wasted over 6 hours trying to find the solution without writing a bloody post and wasting my entire day off for a PAID piece of software.

The application (iPad mini) and the YACReader Library (Windows 10) was working fine for 1 week and now is busted.

I have reinstalled the software on both devices, the software has access on my anti virus (Kaspersky). I deleted Kaspersky just to try get it to work, nothing. I give all access on windows firewall. Does not work. I scan the bar code. Does not work. Restart the devices, does not work.

How can you sell something that does not work? I am now with 0 internet protection and still does not connect. They are both on the same Internet.

So disgusted and all the time I have wasted. I even research to find the same problem and no responses....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Remote Library - Connection Error, 6 years 9 months ago #3219

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

"doesn't work" is something relative...but your case is exceptional for sure. The iOS/YACReaderLibrary integration is the feature I use most, and it works.

What version of YACReaderLibrary are you using? 8.5? latest developer version?

Follow this steps:

1- Open "Server connectivity information"
2- Be sure that "enable server" is checked.
3- There is a combo with a ip address, roll down the combo, how many IP addresses do you have there? If you have more that one you have to choose the one sharing the network with your iPad. What are those IPs or IP numbers.
4- What's the port number?
5- What's the IP adress of you iPad

With YACReaderLibrary open, open your web broser and type http://your_ip:your_port in the address bar, you should see a list of your libraries if everything is configured properly.

Next step is to repeat the same process using safary in your iPad.

Let me know whick of those steps fail.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Remote Library - Connection Error, 6 years 7 months ago #3297

mcpierce

Fresh Boarder

I have a similar problem to the OP but for one difference: it's never worked for me.

My setup is:

* Windows 10 (named threshold, IP:192.168.1.84) - running YACReaderLibrary 8.5.0
- Firewall turned off
- Browser on the computer can access the server via port 8080 using the machine's IP address
- No other computer on my network can access the server via port 8080
* All other computers CAN ping the machine by name and IP address just fine
- In the server settings, the drop down only shows one IP address for the computer
* The computer has VirtualBox installed and YACReaderLibrary would take THAT address
* I had to disable the VirtualBox network interface to get YACReaderLibrary to use the right one
* Whatevever network interfaces are enabled, YACReaderLibrary only puts one in the dropdown.

* iPad 2 Mini - running YACReader (latest, can't get the version off the app)
- It keeps showing the IP address 192.168.2.84 when I go into the browse setting.
* Even though I keep changing it, it keeps showing it again the next time I try to change it
- It constantly times out trying to connect to my server
- As with the other computers in our house, it can't connect to port 8080 on the server.
* I CAN access anything other thing (file shares, etc.) on the server, so it does see it

Remote Library - Connection Error, 6 years 7 months ago #3299

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

@mcpierce

the iOS app only remembers connection data that has worked at least one time, so it is funny to see that particular ip in the app if it never worked for you.

Could you open cmd and type ipconfig? I would like to see all the network interfaces that you have available.

Could you please try to use another port instead of 8080? I mean set it first in the server config dialog in YACReaderLibrary and after that try to connect using the new port in the ios app.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Remote Library - Connection Error, 6 years 6 months ago #3300

mcpierce

Fresh Boarder

Luis Ángel wrote:
@mcpierce

the iOS app only remembers connection data that has worked at least one time, so it is funny to see that particular ip in the app if it never worked for you.

I agree. I'm not sure where it even came from, but when I first setup the iOS app I scanned the QRcode shown on my laptop.
Luis Ángel wrote:
Could you open cmd and type ipconfig? I would like to see all the network interfaces that you have available.

Sure thing:
Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter VirtualBox Host-Only Network:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::e509:18d0:3bf1:bee3%15
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.56.1
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 2:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 4:

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : attlocal.net
   IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2602:306:c4d5:f10:c0b7:7c5c:7a9b:26e0
   Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : 2602:306:c4d5:f10:5cb6:5cf8:1af4:ff2a
   Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : 2602:306:c4d5:f10:d809:dedb:7c79:e223
   Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : 2602:306:c4d5:f10:ec2c:bc22:cda4:ecd1
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::c0b7:7c5c:7a9b:26e0%14
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.84
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::d6b2:7aff:fe65:8ff9%14

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 14:

Luis Ángel wrote:
Could you please try to use another port instead of 8080? I mean set it first in the server config dialog in YACReaderLibrary and after that try to connect using the new port in the ios app.

I've done that. I changed it 18181 after posting my original message and that had no affect on things.