- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Windows users.
Comic not found
- TDucker92
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
8 years 11 months ago #3431
by TDucker92
Replied by TDucker92 on topic Comic not found
So I followed the above instructions, which didn't work.
I then deleted the library and added a single folder, which then worked. I deleted the library, re-added the entire directory (34 folders with various subfolders) which again didn't work.
It seems I only have the issue when selecting all 34 folders to add to the library. The same comics that failed to open work fine when only one folder is selected. Any advice?
I then deleted the library and added a single folder, which then worked. I deleted the library, re-added the entire directory (34 folders with various subfolders) which again didn't work.
It seems I only have the issue when selecting all 34 folders to add to the library. The same comics that failed to open work fine when only one folder is selected. Any advice?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 11 months ago #3432
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Comic not found
There's nothing you can do at this point except using smaller libraries. Evidently the measures we've employed to fix the timeout bug were not sufficient in your case, but this is something Luis will have to investigate.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- TDucker92
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 11 months ago #3433
by TDucker92
Replied by TDucker92 on topic Comic not found
Hi,
I've added four separate libraries now which is working fine.
Luis - If I'm able to save the libraries so I don't have to re-add everything again, I'm more than happy to add a single library to help find out what the issue is. Thanks for all your help.
I've added four separate libraries now which is working fine.
Luis - If I'm able to save the libraries so I don't have to re-add everything again, I'm more than happy to add a single library to help find out what the issue is. Thanks for all your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #3434
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Comic not found
Creating various libraries is not the way to go.
Obviously this is a bug that has to be fixed before the next release. 34 folders is a small number, and YACReaderLibrary should be able to handle much bigger libraries.
Libraries are stored in a folder .yacreaderlibrary inside the folder you choose as root for the library. So you don't need to recreate the library again.
What are your pc specs? What version of Windows are you using? How many comics do you have in the library?
EDIT: btw, I don't think this is a time out, the error message is different in that case.
EDIT2: please compress and send me the this folder:
Obviously this is a bug that has to be fixed before the next release. 34 folders is a small number, and YACReaderLibrary should be able to handle much bigger libraries.
Libraries are stored in a folder .yacreaderlibrary inside the folder you choose as root for the library. So you don't need to recreate the library again.
What are your pc specs? What version of Windows are you using? How many comics do you have in the library?
EDIT: btw, I don't think this is a time out, the error message is different in that case.
EDIT2: please compress and send me the this folder:
Code:
C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\YACReader
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 10 months ago #3441
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Comic not found
Hey TDucker92,
I hope you're still reading this. The bug you've discovered is a potential blocker bug for the 9.0.0 release, so we would like to fix it, but we can't quite recreate your problem, so we need your feedback (the stuff Luis asked for in this post).
I hope you're still reading this. The bug you've discovered is a potential blocker bug for the 9.0.0 release, so we would like to fix it, but we can't quite recreate your problem, so we need your feedback (the stuff Luis asked for in this post).
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Smith
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 9 months ago #3487
by Smith
I have this exact problem on my pc server
See this thread here (last post). Exact same problem
www.yacreader.com/forum/support-windows/...thumbnail-on-library
Currently away on work but will post on my return
Replied by Smith on topic Comic not found
selmf wrote: Hey TDucker92,
I hope you're still reading this. The bug you've discovered is a potential blocker bug for the 9.0.0 release, so we would like to fix it, but we can't quite recreate your problem, so we need your feedback (the stuff Luis asked for in this post).
I have this exact problem on my pc server
See this thread here (last post). Exact same problem
www.yacreader.com/forum/support-windows/...thumbnail-on-library
Currently away on work but will post on my return
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel