Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Windows users.

Format not supported

  • Maruska
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
8 years 9 months ago #3502 by Maruska
Format not supported was created by Maruska
Recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Been using YACReader for years, worked perfectly with Windows 7. I use WinRar to create cbr files, but for some reason, since upgrading to Windows 10, when I attempt to open cbr files I've created in Windows 10, I get the error message: "format not supported." The cbr files I created in Windows 7 still work perfectly. I've tried uninstalling WinRar and reinstalling, but I get the same problem.

Halp?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #3503 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic Format not supported
With the last release of WinRar the default compression format changed from RAR version 4 to RAR version 5, for which we currently don't have a working backend. So, to get a working cbr, you just have to change the default format back to RAR version 4 ;)

techdows.com/2017/08/winrar-use-rar4-for...instead-rar-5-0.html

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Maruska
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
8 years 9 months ago #3504 by Maruska
Replied by Maruska on topic Format not supported
Actually, an update to this, I was able to get it to work by selecting ZIP as the archive format within WinRar and then changing the file extension to .cbr like normal. It's working just fine now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #3506 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic Format not supported
cbr --> comic book rar
cbz --> comic book zip

YACReader will also open them when the name is wrong (we don't use the filename to guess the format), but other apps might not be able to open a zip that has been renamed cbr.

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!