Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Feature Request: Minimize to tray/Run at startup

Feature Request: Minimize to tray/Run at startup 5 years 9 months ago #4144

prizm

Fresh Boarder

Hello. I really like YACReader and I've been using it for a few years now. I appreciate how your commitment to continually develop and improve this app, and adding features that makes reading and managing on your digital comics easier.

One aspect that I feel hasn't evolve much is the server aspect. This a great aspect of YACReader - there are very few comic readers on iOS lets you stream comics over the network. Kind of underrated feature. I feel the server aspect of could be improved upon(if it's not too much trouble) that would elevate YACReader to being a truly great comic reading and management app. This my feature request or a wish list for your consideration:
  • Minimize to tray/Run in the background and at startup: basically, I love for this to be the Plex for comics.
  • Run the server part separate from the library: When you close the library, the server is still running. You can right lick the tray icon and to open/access the library again...something like that, if that makes sense.
  • Auto Update/refresh: So when add new comics to the folders, the server automatically refreshes to add the new titles to the library.

I understand developing software is not an easy task so these features might be a tall order. I just wanted to give me feedback on what I'd like to see improved upon as I really like this app. Keep up the good work
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Feature Request: Minimize to tray/Run at startup 5 years 9 months ago #4146

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Minimize to tray is already a planned feature for 9.6.0. The code is mostly finished, it's just missing a config option for users who prefer regular minimization.

Starting minimized isn't something we've discussed until now as we have the headless server for such tasks. Ideally the server part would be an extra process that can work independent from the library gui and the library gui just plugs into that, but that would require deep changes which we cannot afford to make at this point. Under the hood the server has changed quite a bit and we continue to improve its performance and stability, as we do with the rest of the app. Alas, this focus on the features "under the hood" sometimes has the side effect that the improvements we add to the program are not always visible to the end users …
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Feature Request: Minimize to tray/Run at startup 5 years 9 months ago #4150

prizm

Fresh Boarder

It's good know you're working on the minimize to tray feature. I look forward to that in the next release.

For the headless server, are there any tutorial/instructions on how to use that on a Windows machine?