Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Windows users.

YACReader Library is not opening

  • eyjaay
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #4156 by eyjaay
YACReader Library is not opening was created by eyjaay
Good day everyone! I have a problem with YACReader Library in my Windows 7 pc. It worked perfectly on my old pc but when I switch to my other pc (what I am currently using) the Library is not opening. The reader is working and I can view my comics there but I want to use the library to manage them. I already tried to re-install it over and over again but nothing changes, it's not opening. When I checked the Task manager the same time I opened the YACReader library, it appeared but for just less than a second. I really hope for a solution. Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #4157 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic YACReader Library is not opening
Usually problems like that are caused by old graphic card drivers. Update your graphic card drivers and see if that solves the issue.

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • eyjaay
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #4158 by eyjaay
Replied by eyjaay on topic YACReader Library is not opening
How would I know if my graphics card driver is old?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #4159 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic YACReader Library is not opening
Google it. There's probably a ton of tutorials out there on how to check and update the graphics card driver ;)

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #4160 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader Library is not opening

eyjaay wrote: How would I know if my graphics card driver is old?


First find what is your graphic card's manufacturer and model, and then download the latest drivers for it in the official web site. My experience is that the drivers coming with windows do not enable all the features your graphic card has.

You are the second user having this problem and I would like to find what is the problem here. It is limited to Windows 7 only so far.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • eyjaay
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #4167 by eyjaay
Replied by eyjaay on topic YACReader Library is not opening
actually I am anjoycell@gmail.com. I am hoping maybe some other people can also help here :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #4192 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic YACReader Library is not opening

How do I find out which graphics card and driver my Windows pc has?

If you are not sure which card is in the computer, the exact name of your graphics card is available in the Windows Display Settings, that you can find through the Control Panel. You can also run Microsoft's DirectX diagnostic tool to get this information:

From the Start menu, open the Run dialog box.
Type dxdiag
Click on the Display tab of the dialog that opens to find graphics card information.

(this is from www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/telepresen...ndows_pc_kb_540.html - first result on Google for "windows 7 get graphics card info")

Get the info from there. After that, search for the graphics card model + driver + Windows 7 + download on Google to get a download link for the newest version. Make sure the site you download from is actually the vendor of the graphics card.

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!