- Posts: 22
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for Windows users.
French metadata
- poco06
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
6 years 7 months ago #5031
by poco06
French metadata was created by poco06
Hello,
First, I have to say that Yacreader is near to the perfection !
The only point I would need is the ability to import French metadata (for example coming from BD Gest or BDOVORE).
The big advantage of Yacreader is that it scans the folder and find all books that are present (other comic management software do not offer sync with a dedicated folder !).
That being said, we need to fill the metadata infos and Comic wine is dedicated to US market mainly (very difficult to find info from French comics). So that would be good to have the same kind of feature than Comic Wine.
The other way to do this would be to have the ability to manage the database (library.ydb). I have made some search but did not found how to manage the data inside this file. Could you explain or give a link to have all needed info for that?
Regards
Pat
First, I have to say that Yacreader is near to the perfection !
The only point I would need is the ability to import French metadata (for example coming from BD Gest or BDOVORE).
The big advantage of Yacreader is that it scans the folder and find all books that are present (other comic management software do not offer sync with a dedicated folder !).
That being said, we need to fill the metadata infos and Comic wine is dedicated to US market mainly (very difficult to find info from French comics). So that would be good to have the same kind of feature than Comic Wine.
The other way to do this would be to have the ability to manage the database (library.ydb). I have made some search but did not found how to manage the data inside this file. Could you explain or give a link to have all needed info for that?
Regards
Pat
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
6 years 7 months ago #5032
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic French metadata
We use Comicvine because the API is available to the public free of charge. We would need written permission to use BDgest (it is a commercial project and the terms of usage do not allow scraping info). I'm not familiar with BDOVORE, but we would need an API or a scraper to get the data - and permission to do so.
YACReader uses sqlite for database management. You can use sqlitebrowser.org/ to explore the structure, but I recommend doing a backup first ;)
YACReader uses sqlite for database management. You can use sqlitebrowser.org/ to explore the structure, but I recommend doing a backup first ;)
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- migube
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 9
1 year 11 months ago #8937
by migube
Replied by migube on topic French metadata
hola again Luis,
I noticed in github.com/YACReader/yacreader/blob/deve.../xml_info_parser.cpp that you assume the web info in the comicinfo.xml would be comicvine, right?
// TODO, check if the url is actually a comic vine link
if (reader.name() == QString("Web")) { comicVineId = string.split("-").last().replace("/", "");
While for BDGest/Bedetheque.com users, it could/would be a real link to the website ?
in the IOS yacreader info I didn't see the Web information in the GUI, but if the URL wouldn't be a comicVine URL, could we have a way to easily see the URL (popup, link to safari, ..) with the info in that URL?
I had a quick look at the comicinfo.xsd github.com/anansi-project/comicinfo/blob...a/v2.0/ComicInfo.xsd but is it correct there are no other free/interesting fields that could be used for the link to the Serie on bdgest on top of the one to the book itself, right ?:(
e.G. www.bedetheque.com/serie-5-BD-Quete-de-l-oiseau-du-temps.html serie
www.bedetheque.com/serie-5-BD-Quete-de-l-oiseau-du-temps.html book
though I do understand scraping with BD Gest/bedetheque.com is on the difficult side, but let's assume that we'd have the info already in the xml/web tag somehow ... ?
I noticed in github.com/YACReader/yacreader/blob/deve.../xml_info_parser.cpp that you assume the web info in the comicinfo.xml would be comicvine, right?
// TODO, check if the url is actually a comic vine link
if (reader.name() == QString("Web")) { comicVineId = string.split("-").last().replace("/", "");
While for BDGest/Bedetheque.com users, it could/would be a real link to the website ?
in the IOS yacreader info I didn't see the Web information in the GUI, but if the URL wouldn't be a comicVine URL, could we have a way to easily see the URL (popup, link to safari, ..) with the info in that URL?
I had a quick look at the comicinfo.xsd github.com/anansi-project/comicinfo/blob...a/v2.0/ComicInfo.xsd but is it correct there are no other free/interesting fields that could be used for the link to the Serie on bdgest on top of the one to the book itself, right ?:(
e.G. www.bedetheque.com/serie-5-BD-Quete-de-l-oiseau-du-temps.html serie
www.bedetheque.com/serie-5-BD-Quete-de-l-oiseau-du-temps.html book
though I do understand scraping with BD Gest/bedetheque.com is on the difficult side, but let's assume that we'd have the info already in the xml/web tag somehow ... ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel