Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Windows users.

Comics Server

  • Twistmalchik
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
12 years 3 months ago #511 by Twistmalchik
Comics Server was created by Twistmalchik
I set up my comic library on my PC to work with my iPad. I assume this only works when both my computer and iPad are connected to the same LAN? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I just wanted to clarify that bit for myself and suggest functionality where I could run the program on my PC and access my full library (even if it still must be imported) from anywhere. I love my ipad as a comic reader, but I'm a media fiend and I don't have a lot of room left on my device.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #512 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Comics Server

Twistmalchik wrote: I set up my comic library on my PC to work with my iPad. I assume this only works when both my computer and iPad are connected to the same LAN? Please correct me if I'm wrong.


Yes and No. If both devices are in the same LAN, the connection is straightforward. But, as any server running in your computer you can access to YACReaderLibrary from anywhere if you configure the port forwarding in your router. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_forwarding

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!