- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Windows users.
Support XML info in the CBZs? Moving frm Comicrack
- goddamuglybob
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
12 years 3 months ago #515
by goddamuglybob
Support XML info in the CBZs? Moving frm Comicrack was created by goddamuglybob
I've come from Comicrack as it was becoming so unstable. 
I really like the look of YACReader so far.
My entire collection has all the info scraped already and is stored in each comic in XML format.
YACReader doesn't seem to recognise it though.
Do I have to rescrape everything?
I quite like having the info stored in each comic, for sharing reasons.
Thanks,
Goddamuglybob
Windows 7 & Nexus 7
I really like the look of YACReader so far.
My entire collection has all the info scraped already and is stored in each comic in XML format.
YACReader doesn't seem to recognise it though.
Do I have to rescrape everything?
I quite like having the info stored in each comic, for sharing reasons.
Thanks,
Goddamuglybob
Windows 7 & Nexus 7
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 3 months ago #516
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Support XML info in the CBZs? Moving frm Comicrack
Hi goddamuglybob, welcome to the forum.
I am going to add support for reading the info in the XML files included in some comics (not sure if it is going to be ready for the next release). But I don't like the idea to modify an existing release for adding the info to it, this changes the file hash and could reduce the sharing sources for a certain file.
If you are going to scrape some of your comics, please wait for doing it. I have updated the YACReaderLibrary databases for storing extra info from ComicVime, future versions will remember the comics' IDs in ComicVine so you will be able to rescrape the info or even visit the comics' page in ComicVine form YACReaderLibrary.
I am glad you like the look of YACReader. If you have any issue or suggestion, please, share them.
I am going to add support for reading the info in the XML files included in some comics (not sure if it is going to be ready for the next release). But I don't like the idea to modify an existing release for adding the info to it, this changes the file hash and could reduce the sharing sources for a certain file.
If you are going to scrape some of your comics, please wait for doing it. I have updated the YACReaderLibrary databases for storing extra info from ComicVime, future versions will remember the comics' IDs in ComicVine so you will be able to rescrape the info or even visit the comics' page in ComicVine form YACReaderLibrary.
I am glad you like the look of YACReader. If you have any issue or suggestion, please, share them.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: goddamuglybob
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel