Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Windows users.

YACReader continuously jumping to the top of page

More
5 years 7 months ago #5791 by Ani
I have a problem with the reader continuously jumping to the top or bottom of the page when opening a previously viewed comic. The jump happens every time I try to scroll after reopening a comic and it'll keep doing that for about three minutes or so and then it'll stop and work normally. When it happens if I scroll it'll return to the top of the page a second after I'd begun scrolling. If I scroll up to the previous page it'll do the same but instead it'll continuously jump to the bottom of the page. It only happens for the first three or four minutes of opening a comic that I'd previously opened. Upon first opening a comic it works perfectly fine until I close and reopen it. The issue happens on all forms of scrolling (keyboard, mouse wheel, mouse dragging). It doesn't seem to be related to my mouse or keyboard and I have no such issue in any other program.

I have tried restarting my PC as well as reinstalling YACReader while confirming that the installation folder was deleted from Program Files after uninstalling. I have also tried deleting the YACReader folder from AppData. Unfortunately none of these fixed the problem. My only workaround currently is to simply open a comic and wait the three or four minutes for the problem to stop before I begin reading.

I'm running YACReader version 9.7.1.2009123 (64-bit) on Windows 10 (64-bit). I first downloaded YACReader yesterday so I've had this problem for as long as I've had the application it seems. It's probably not relevant but I installed the program to a separate HDD from my OS' dedicated SSD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #5793 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader continuously jumping to the top of page
Hmmm, I can't replicate the problem. What fit options are you using?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #8226 by CascaCure
Hello, firstly, thank you for developing a wonderful comic reader for all of us to enjoy!

Now to my issue: I am also experiencing the bug that OP has described / experienced, of YACReader continuously jumping to the top of page after I have scrolled down the comic.

Like the OP, I do not experience this behavior when first opening a comic but when I re-open a comic from "Continue Reading" within YACReader Library, I have noticed this odd bug occuring.

Regarding my set-up:

I am using Windows 11 OS with the latest updates installed. (Edition: Windows 11 Home, Version: 23H2, OS Build: 22631.3155)

I am using the latest version of YACReader as of 03-08-2024. YACReader-v9.14.2.2402143 for Windows 64bit (with 7zip and rar5 support - Qt6 build)

I am using the latest Nvidia drivers for my GPU. (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti. 8GB -- Version: 551.76 WHQL. Release Date: 2024.3.5)

I am using the "Fit Width" option in YACReader. Not zoomed in.


Any and all help is appreciated, much thanks once again to the development team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #8231 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader continuously jumping to the top of page
I couldn’t replicate this bug, I wonder what the problem is, sounds quite strange.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #8232 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader continuously jumping to the top of page
If you find any particular interaction that triggers it, please let me know how to do it step by step.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #8235 by CascaCure
Hello, thank you for the reply and look into this matter!

I have tried to re-open other files from the YACReader Library "Continue Reading" menu, both .CBR and .CBZ and have not encountered the aforementioned scrolling bug. I wonder if the originally affected file itself or perhaps the folder / naming structure could have some affect on replicating this bug?

I have also noticed that setting another "Fit" option such as "Fit Height" or trying another Zoom Level "110% zoom, 120% zoom, etc.) do NOT alleviate the aforementioned scrolling bug, it remains present.

Do you know of any program / app which I could use to view the File Info of .CBR and .CBZ files? I wonder if I could find a difference / discrepancy in encoding options between the affected .CBR, and the non-affected .CBR, .CBZ files which do not replicate the aforementioned scrolling bug.

Once again, much thanks to you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #8236 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader continuously jumping to the top of page
cbz and cbr files are just zip and rar files respectively, you can use programs like winrar or 7zip to take a look.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #8237 by CascaCure
Thank you for your reply and your suggestion as to using WinRAR, 7Zip, etc.

I seem to have fixed the scrolling bug.

I opened the affected .CBR in 7Zip and noticed that the image files were in a subfolder, the structure looking like this: CBR File > Folder > Sequential .JPG comic images.

I then opened a non-affected .CBR and .CBZ and noticed that the images files were not in a subfolder, the structure looking like this: CBR File > Sequential .JPG comic images.

So I went back to the original affected .CBR file, extracted the included .JPG images and created a new .ZIP file from them, this time with no subfolder. The structure now mirroring the non-affected .CBR / .CBZ files (CBR File > Sequential .JPG images). After that was completed I then re-named the .ZIP file to .CBR extension and then imported it into YACReader Library.

I opened the newly made .CBR file in YACReader and browsed / scrolled a few pages in, closing YACReader.

I then re-opened the newly made .CBR file from the "Continue Reading" menu within YACReader Library, expecting to replicate the aforementioned scrolling bug but to my surprise it didn't occur this time.

I now consider this issue solved / closed.

I will keep a look out for this scrolling bug occurring in the future and will try to fix the affected file in the same way as listed above if it is encountered again.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #8239 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader continuously jumping to the top of page
If you still have the affected file, please use the contact section in this web to send it to me. The app should not behave differently because of folders inside a comic file.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!