- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Windows users.
Deleted files recovery?
- Mego
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
4 years 9 months ago #6414
by Mego
Deleted files recovery? was created by Mego
Hello,
I just purchased and installed YACReader the other day (to replace Comic Zeal on my ipad).
I installed the YACReader Library on my pc and let it catalog all my comic files.
I decided after it did that that I should sort them better first so I was deleting them out of the program and it seems that deletes them off of my hard drive also.
Nearly a terabyte of comics gone. Is it possible to recover these somehow?
I just purchased and installed YACReader the other day (to replace Comic Zeal on my ipad).
I installed the YACReader Library on my pc and let it catalog all my comic files.
I decided after it did that that I should sort them better first so I was deleting them out of the program and it seems that deletes them off of my hard drive also.
Nearly a terabyte of comics gone. Is it possible to recover these somehow?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 9 months ago #6424
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Deleted files recovery?
You can try some kind of recover app.
Didn't you see this message?
It clearly says that the comics will be deleted from the disk.
Didn't you see this message?
It clearly says that the comics will be deleted from the disk.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Mego
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
4 years 9 months ago #6430
by Mego
Replied by Mego on topic Deleted files recovery?
Yah, I was in a hurry and didn't look at it that close. So many things pop up messages these days. Didn't even occur to me that it might delete them from my hard drive.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 9 months ago #6438
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Deleted files recovery?
Sorry...
It was something I refused to add for a long time because I didn't want this to happen, but more and more users requested it so there it is.
It was something I refused to add for a long time because I didn't want this to happen, but more and more users requested it so there it is.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 1 month ago #7810
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Deleted files recovery?
There wasn't an API on Qt for sending files to the trash bin until 5.15, since that's now the minimum version supported by YACReader I have implemented a first try that sends files to the bin if possible
github.com/YACReader/yacreader/commit/d1...8cdfb9bf68238e622658
But depending on what is being deleted, the OS, and the filesystem, sending stuff to the trash bin can result in permanent loss. So when the app ask for confirmation, please be careful.
But depending on what is being deleted, the OS, and the filesystem, sending stuff to the trash bin can result in permanent loss. So when the app ask for confirmation, please be careful.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel